Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivia: In the movie, "No Country for Old Men," what make and model rifle did Josh Brolin use to shoot the pronghorn? What make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia: In the movie, "No Country for Old Men," what make and model rifle did Josh Brolin use to shoot the pronghorn? What make

Trivia: In the movie, "No Country for Old Men," what make and model rifle did Josh Brolin use to shoot the pronghorn? What make and model pistol did he take from the dead drug dealer? What make and model pistol did Tommy Lee Jones carry?

I can recall only two Guns used Rem 700 or win 70 for the Pronghorn and a Colt Gov model 45Acp.

Comment

99explorer, I don't know your trivia answer because I didn't see the movie.

I just wanted to say that was an awesome playoff baseball game last night going into the thirteen inning.
      I still believe the Dodgers will beat the Cardinals in 6 or 7.

This link below is an encore for all the red foam tomahawk chop fans out there.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYc_s4vLFNI

Comment

I've been a Dodger fan going back a long way, but am surprised to see them doing so well.
        They did not make the playoffs last year.

Comment

"No Country For Old Men" won four academy awards for 2008, including BEST PICTURE!"
          I thought everyone must have seen it. It is now on Youtube and other free movie internet websites.

Comment

Both Brolin and Jones pistols were Colt 45 ACP's. Brolin's rifle was a Remington 700 and later my favorite shotgun a Winchester 1897. BUT the only thing I found amusing was how Javier Barden's could walk up to all those Texans with a captured bolt gun and everybody stood still. Nobody in Texas knew how to butcher a Steer. Not to mention a suppressed shotgun that spit out a foot of flames and was as quiet as a 22.

Comment

One more thing I found odd about the movie was the coin toss between Barden and the store keeper. The store keeper won the toss and Barden said the coin was special dated 1958 and took 22 years to get here and save his life making the date in time 1980. I have watched this movie several times and have seen several guns that weren't produced till the mid and late 80's. What were they?

Comment

I am going to guess the H&K SP89, the Intratec TEC9, the MAC-10 and half the submachine guns lying around in the aftermath of the big drug shootout.

Comment

Pretty good 99. The only other gun I picked up on was the Glock used by Barden to kill the two other bad guys at Brolins abandoned truck.

Comment

And the answer is...(drum roll)...Remington Model 700, and two Colt 1911 Government Models.

Comment

He took a 1911 from the drug dealers.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad