Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well boys(and girls) It's starting to heat up here in PA. Last night the wife and I took the spotlight for a ride and saw 2 good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well boys(and girls) It's starting to heat up here in PA. Last night the wife and I took the spotlight for a ride and saw 2 good

Well boys(and girls) It's starting to heat up here in PA. Last night the wife and I took the spotlight for a ride and saw 2 good fights. We saw a high racked 5 point and a smaller 8 point going at it good for about 6-7 minutes. It was the most brutal sparring I've ever seen. Then about a mile down the road in another field we came up on a real big 7 point laying with a doe and when we put the light on them we noticed a nice wide 9 or 10 point coming up on them. The 7 stood up and they went at it for a couple minutes and the 7 ran him off. This got me real excited. And the wife was excited to see her first fights. Anyone else seeing signs of an early rut?

I don't know why it put me in the great plains category. This website..

Comment

I don't know why it put me in the great plains category. This website..

Comment

I dunno Mad Fly- I'm sitting in the airport in Philly and I'm not seeing any signs of rut. Atleast not in the deer any way. Good luck on hanging one from a tree, I hope you kill the big one.

Comment

Thanks Pray! It's to be nice and cool tonight and I got the day off tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Comment

got some trail cam vids of a couple bucks fighting here in maryland. Not all out fighting but definitely with some harmful intentions

Comment

Fighting hell you have to see deer to see fighting. The weather has not been cooperating here in Indiana but the 3 times that I have been out I haven't seen a deer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad