Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now even Obama is weighing in on the Washington Red Skins name contrversy. But I have an idea that can get the Red Skins out of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now even Obama is weighing in on the Washington Red Skins name contrversy. But I have an idea that can get the Red Skins out of

Now even Obama is weighing in on the Washington Red Skins name contrversy. But I have an idea that can get the Red Skins out of hot water and allow them to keep their name: All they have to do is change their logo from a red skinned indian to a red skinned potato. What do you guys think?

Clever solution to this weighty problem, but sports teams are named to identify with objects of their admiration, in this case, the ferocious fighting ability of the Native Americans.
    Bears, lions, tigers, panthers, jaguars, broncos, rams, raiders and buccaneers are other examples.
    Our president said he may get into some sports enterprise after he leaves the White House, probably in basketball. I wonder if the Boston Celtics would welcome his views on team names.

Comment

99, since teams are named after scary stuff I've got a good name...The Congressional's! Or maybe the Politicians!
      They scare me, idiots always do.

Comment

Washinton D.C.?

FORESKINS!

Comment

Many Washington fans would dress up as fat hogs at the Redskin games.

It never hit me till now, is that fat hog outfit for the team or is it for Congress?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad