Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone read of the Army switching to environmentally friendly all copper bullets for use in their 223 and 308 ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I wonder what eco-friendly changes they are making to that atomic bomb? That baby is even worse than a lead bullet.

Leave a comment:

• Longrifle
    replied
    I hope if I ever get shot it is with a non-toxic, environmentally friendly bullet. Sorry to be a wise azz.

Leave a comment:

• Longrifle
    replied
    I hope if I ever get shot it is with a non-toxic, environmentally friendly bullet. Sorry to be a wise azz.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Reminds me of that line from the old "Pogo" cartoon strip by Walt Kelly.

"We have found the enemy, and he is us."

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I don't know about non-lead projectiles, but I was finally able to find info on the ammo shortage yesterday.
    The writer assured his readers that Gov't contracts had not changed significantly and any "shortage" was and is due to panic buying by the public.
    How good was his research? I dunno, but it sure made sense!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Does this mean there will be a shortage of Berger bullets?

LostLure,
    You have to delete everything to the left of the first W in a link or it will be labeled obscene.

Leave a comment:

• LostLure
    replied
    I'm trying to post a link to what I think you are talking about, but it keeps telling me I can't post anything that contains obscene words. Since I can't post the link, the round you might me talking about is the M855A1. A google search will give you some background on it.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    I am, perhaps erroneously, assuming they will be able to use up current supplies.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    I suspect we now know one of the reasons the Feds where buying up all the surplus ammo.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Wait-....... We would have to pay the cartel to take it, that would be true Obama style

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    WAM you're such an optimist, I wonder what will happen with the surplus ammo the Feds bought up? Suppose obama will give it to Iran? Or just sell it to the Mexican cartel to make things interesting?

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Barnes will be happy.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I hate to be the party-pooper, but this may not be such a bad idea, even if it makes the greenies happy.
    Most of our military ammo is expended at firing ranges on Army bases. Enormous quantities of lead have been leaching into the soil and ground water over the years.
    My local gun club has had to shut down our shotgun range for this reason.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    I read it was an executive order. Apparently, the increase in cost will only be a nominal 340%. Ouch, hope that info is wrong for the sake of the tax payers

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    I read it was an executive order. Apparently, the increase in cost will only be a nominal 340%

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Weatherby New /stuff
    by Milldawg
    Checked screws had them come loose on my rifle mid hunting season. Quality rings quality scope. Properly mounted. Used the same ammo as the test target...
    Today, 07:55 PM
  • Weatherby New /stuff
    by jhjimbo
    Solid bullets turned on a CNC lathe just like the old Partitions used to be made.

Weatherby Orion O/U now in 20ga with scaled down receiver....
    Today, 06:13 PM
  • Reply to TGIF; 15 minutes of fame
    by FirstBubba
    Ear bleach?
    What do I use if I want to understand Hebrew? 🤔?...
    Today, 07:03 PM
  • TGIF; 15 minutes of fame
    by fitch270
    Every week we have a number of go to artists and bands we link to, nothing wrong with that but what makes these threads really interesting are the forgotten...
    09-23-2021, 08:45 PM
  • Reply to Happy hunting and fishing day
    by FirstBubba
    I cut my teeth squirrel hunting with my grandpa.
    My grandma must have cooked a hunnerd gallons of squirrel and dumplings and several bushels of...
    Today, 06:57 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X