Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone read of the Army switching to environmentally friendly all copper bullets for use in their 223 and 308 ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone read of the Army switching to environmentally friendly all copper bullets for use in their 223 and 308 ammo?

Has anyone read of the Army switching to environmentally friendly all copper bullets for use in their 223 and 308 ammo?

I read it was an executive order. Apparently, the increase in cost will only be a nominal 340%

Comment

I read it was an executive order. Apparently, the increase in cost will only be a nominal 340%. Ouch, hope that info is wrong for the sake of the tax payers

Comment

I hate to be the party-pooper, but this may not be such a bad idea, even if it makes the greenies happy.
        Most of our military ammo is expended at firing ranges on Army bases. Enormous quantities of lead have been leaching into the soil and ground water over the years.
        My local gun club has had to shut down our shotgun range for this reason.

Comment

Barnes will be happy.

Comment

WAM you're such an optimist, I wonder what will happen with the surplus ammo the Feds bought up? Suppose obama will give it to Iran? Or just sell it to the Mexican cartel to make things interesting?

Comment

Wait-....... We would have to pay the cartel to take it, that would be true Obama style

Comment

I suspect we now know one of the reasons the Feds where buying up all the surplus ammo.

Comment

I am, perhaps erroneously, assuming they will be able to use up current supplies.

Comment

I'm trying to post a link to what I think you are talking about, but it keeps telling me I can't post anything that contains obscene words. Since I can't post the link, the round you might me talking about is the M855A1. A google search will give you some background on it.

Comment

Does this mean there will be a shortage of Berger bullets?

LostLure,
                      You have to delete everything to the left of the first W in a link or it will be labeled obscene.

Comment

I don't know about non-lead projectiles, but I was finally able to find info on the ammo shortage yesterday.
                        The writer assured his readers that Gov't contracts had not changed significantly and any "shortage" was and is due to panic buying by the public.
                        How good was his research? I dunno, but it sure made sense!

Comment

Reminds me of that line from the old "Pogo" cartoon strip by Walt Kelly.

"We have found the enemy, and he is us."

Comment

I hope if I ever get shot it is with a non-toxic, environmentally friendly bullet. Sorry to be a wise azz.

Comment

I hope if I ever get shot it is with a non-toxic, environmentally friendly bullet. Sorry to be a wise azz.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad