Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im having trouble catching a problem woodchuck for a friend. I have 2 live traps set with cantelope and melon oil with a little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im having trouble catching a problem woodchuck for a friend. I have 2 live traps set with cantelope and melon oil with a little

Im having trouble catching a problem woodchuck for a friend. I have 2 live traps set with cantelope and melon oil with a little salt. The sets are outside the den holes under the barn. My bow isnt a option neither is a gun. Any ideas?

block all but 2 holes and throw a smoke bomb down one and place a trap or noose over the other the little buggers should come running out or die from lack of oxygen.

Comment

I once covered two woodchuck holes with large patio blocks, and never saw any further activity from the occupant(s). I think they are still down there.

Comment

A general, all purpose bait for rats,raccoons,,possums, skunks, and small children
        has always been peanut butter

Comment

I don't recommend this, but I once saw an ad in a horse tack magazine for this gadget that pumps propane into burrows (groundhog, gopher, prairie dog, chipmunk etc.) and then ignites the propane, blowing them sky high (and as a matter of course killing them).
          Like I said, I don't recommend this, I can just imagine trying it and having my yard end up looking like the battlefields of WWI!

Comment

put a conibear or paw trap rigt in front of the hole so they have 2 walk through it 2 get out.

Comment

Place box trap along barn wall and lean a sheet of plywood over it to shade it. Use apple slices to lure it in. If they are too wary, wire the doors open and pre-bait it for a few days to get them habituated. I like to only open one side of trap, place a block under pan, bait all the way in the back. Then teach it how to swim.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
                by Amflyer
                Thanks for letting us know. There's no words. Sometimes I wonder if what's between humans and dogs may be the perfect bond, at least in this existence....
                Today, 10:26 AM
              • More Bad News....
                by WA Mtnhunter
                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                "... not a racist except in that I support the white condition without being a nazi or white supremacy nut." So you are a racist, just not a...
                Today, 09:38 AM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                by FirstBubba
                Yes sir, he is....
                Today, 07:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X