Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a little more Trivia before I head off to Church and Home Repair. What is your favorite saying and why. Bad language is eas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little more Trivia before I head off to Church and Home Repair. What is your favorite saying and why. Bad language is eas

Just a little more Trivia before I head off to Church and Home Repair. What is your favorite saying and why. Bad language is easy but not as original. See my post for my favorite.

If someone is not getting to the point of a story; I always liked "Who Shot John". This pertains to the broad convoluted story of John Wilkes Booth. Aside from all the conspirators including Dr. Mudd who tended to his broken leg. His Father and Brother both well known actors and were anti-slavery. John Wilkes Booth actually saved Abraham Lincoln's son Todd who fell off a train when on vacation from college. This all culminated when a U.S. Sargent shot him in a burning Tobacco Shed. This comes to the punch line "Who Shot John"!

Comment

"Somedays you eat the bear and somedays the bear eats you”

“Success has a thousand fathers, failure has but one”

Comment

God gave you two ears and one mouth so you could listen twice as much as you talk.

Or when my wife points out the danger of a situation by saying we almost died I like to mention " honey, we didn't almost die, we didn't even get hurt"

Comment

C'est La Vie! It goes to show you never can tell.

Comment

"Life's tough but it's tougher when your stupid."

John Wayne

Comment

"Life's tough but it's tougher when your stupid."

John Wayne

Comment

I also like this saying I heard my dad say once when I was just seven or eight: "It's better for people to think your as dumb as a post than to open your mouth and prove your as dumb as a post."

Comment

"Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert"

Use your Google-fu to translate.

Comment

The above is my favorite, but I think I might start using:

"We are sorry, but the spam filter on this site decided that your submission could be spam. Please fill in the CAPTCHA below to get your submission accepted."

Could get myself in trouble if I used that on my wife.

Comment

A coward dies a thousand deaths. A hero, only about five hundred.

Comment

"Our job is not to discern 'what if ...' but rather what was, what is, and what may be. Something my historiography prof taught me thirty-five years ago.

"You can't change the world, son ... if you don't try." From my dad.

Comment

After a few days of hunting hard, I kid the guys about when they are getting up in the morning: I offer, What time, about the crack of noon?.

Comment

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.

Comment

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by franchi20
                                I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                                Today, 07:40 PM
                              • Debate #2: new rules
                                by FirstBubba
                                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                              • Reply to What's after Trump?
                                by franchi20
                                Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                                Today, 07:34 PM
                              • What's after Trump?
                                by FirstBubba
                                No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                Today, 01:46 PM
                              • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by fitch270
                                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                                Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X