Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is it that F&S can afford a new blog about dogs right after cutting off The Huntress for budget reasons? Editors, would you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is it that F&S can afford a new blog about dogs right after cutting off The Huntress for budget reasons? Editors, would you

How is it that F&S; can afford a new blog about dogs right after cutting off The Huntress for budget reasons? Editors, would you care to explain yourselves to the populace and especially all the ladies?

They won't answer that question because it will cause them to admit what they can't bear to say. The truth.

Comment

Yes, DO TELL !

Comment

Few things are more discouraging than blatant hypocrisy on the part of organizations who tout themselves as supporters of a way of life. The pursuit and capture of animals for food is credited with instilling honesty, discipline, patience and respect for the environment, others and oneself. The corporation which publishes the magazine and hosts this site claims to honor these values and promote them through the articles, photography and other content published in print and on the internet. While many of the contributors conduct themselves with honor, clearly there is some disconnect between the actions of the management and the values honored by the clients they serve.
        Anyone who read the responses to The Huntress’ parting words knows that the loss of the blog was a severe blow to all of us. It is bad enough to subject a source of comfort, inspiration and companionship to the unfeeling dissection of a corporate spreadsheet; to allow some ratio of input to response to determine the fate of a valuable resource; to place a value on a thing that is priceless. It is inexcusable, unconscionable and beneath contempt to introduce something new before the echoes of lament over the loss have even ceased to resound. For shame, F&S, for shame.

Comment

I asked the same question...

Comment

In my head, that is.

Comment

Brilliant observation Chuckles!

Comment

I agree about the hypocrisy thing.

With that said, field and stream is a business and their goal is to make money. They make money by developing good articles that folks are willing to pay for. I'm also sure that most of their money comes from their advertisers.

My guess is that a dog forum will bring in more advertising dollars than a ladies based forum.

Comment

I wondered the same thing, just hadn't gotten around to saying anything.

Comment

I guess they just like bitches better.

Comment

Im guessing that they think that a blog about dogs would be more populare than a women's blog... although it might be true... i rather them say that then lie and say they had to cut back because of their budget

Comment

Agreed with jay and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad