Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone out there have a bad experience with reloading equipment? At one time I had lot's of Dillon equipment. When an electronic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there have a bad experience with reloading equipment? At one time I had lot's of Dillon equipment. When an electronic

Anyone out there have a bad experience with reloading equipment? At one time I had lot's of Dillon equipment. When an electronic powder scale went bad and they wouldn't stand behind it I got rid of the whole dang works. That scale nearly caused me to blow a good rifle with overcharges.

Never had anything Dillon but I always wondered if they try to seduce us into buying their products with the good looking babes in their brochures.

Comment

i am surprised dillon wouldent go good for their scale. i have a 550 press of theirs. and had a one of their square deal presses both are great. i have had to get stuff that( i )broke to fix the the square deal and they wouldent take my money for the replacement parts . must be their electronic equipment warranty is different from their presses . i do have a lyman auto scale and that came with safety seals on the sections of the unit stating that if broken the warranty is null and void . i covered them with clear packing tape so they wouldent break . didnt like the fact that my warranty hinged on such a small piece of flimsy paper

Comment

Nothing but RCBS,

No batteries required!

Comment

I was going to say, my buddy and his dad would "kill" me if I used anything other than RCBS. Dad had problems with some Dillon stuff too evidently.

Comment

Clay I agree RCBS. I have had an RCBS auto powder dispenser and scale for about 5 years, and I dont think that I have used it 5 times. I like to do it the old fashion way, that way I know it is right. I mostly reload handgun ammo and usually use a little dandy and a 5-0-5 scale I check every tenth round. and for my rifle rounds I have a maunal powder dispenser and I check every fifth round. My reloading beanch bleeds green, and I haven't every had any problems.

Comment

I bought one of Midway's digital powder scales, can't remember the model number. A regular piece of junk it was. I could reweigh the same charge and get differnt results. My wife now uses it for her crafts that don't require a precision measure...

Comment

hnestle

I have the RCBS 10-10 RELOADING SCALE and RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Single Stage Press and love it! I do all my reloading the old fashion way, “ONE AT A TIME!”
                When you push for maximum performance and the desire to win, I cannot rely on WWIIIIZZZBAANNGGG Electronic gadgetry!

One thing about the old fashioned way, when something goes wrong, you will see it and know it!!

Comment

I always had good luck with RCBS except for their handy dandy priming tool that is hand held much like my older almost worn out Lee unit. The RCBS system is so poor that it falls apart in your hands while trying to prime cases. I took it back to my gunsmith thinking I had something wrong but he had no better luck, threw it in the box mumbling something very foul, and handed my money back to me. I have never another seen one in his shop since that day. I don't remember the official RCBS name.

Comment

Almost all my stuff is RCBS or MEC(shotgun). I pulled bullets from those loads and checked them on my RCBS 1010 and each charge was heavier than the last while the dillon scale indicated all were the same. The CS guy said re-zero the scale for each load. The instructions never said you had to do that. I told him you might save a nickle by not backing your POS scale but you are going to lose all the business you would have gotten from me and my friends. Their loaders are mostly pot metal and plastic. I sold the whole works.

Comment

I'm solid RCBS for rifles and pistols (except for the Lee primer and case trimmers) and MEC for shotgun and love 'em. I have been useing them for nearly 50 years now and RCBS people are always the same... always "can do" and no questions asked warranty service. I recently wore out my plastic primer catcher clasp after 45 years of service. I called them to see where I could get a replacement... they said, "Your RCBS reloader has a lifetime warranty. We will ship you a new replacement immediately" and it came in the mail within two days. Same reaction to them making a custom wildcat dies. I recently got their elecronic powder measure and LOVE it. It is fast and accurate. Can't say enough for it. I guess that may be why we've never seen cute babes hawking their products. Serious shooters quickly learn where to go for their goodies.

Comment

I had problems with an RCBS digital scale that just would not calibrate in my basement. Took it upstairs and it was fine. Used on solid surfaces, so figured it had to do with the temperature differences. Moved and now all is fine. Go figure.

Comment

Agreed with Jim in Mo and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad