Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well guys, I'm now living 35 miles from town on a ranch in Wyoming. Our Internet and telephones are satelite based and although

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well guys, I'm now living 35 miles from town on a ranch in Wyoming. Our Internet and telephones are satelite based and although

Well guys, I'm now living 35 miles from town on a ranch in Wyoming. Our Internet and telephones are satelite based and although F&S; will allow me to browse the site via sat internet, I cannot post comments to any of the sections. I am still crusing the pages (mostly answers) but won't be able to interject my somewhat useless opinions. Every time i try I am asked to enter my user name and password and it is rejected. (very frustrating) As a trade off, I hear elk bugling every night, see dozens of mulies, white-tail and antelope each day and have a trout stream 50 yards below the house. It's a great lifestyle out here, but I am feeling my F&S; family withdrawals. Take care guys, and hopefully I can post some as I make it to town.

Although you will deal with latency issues from the satellite connection, you should still be able to post. Its an F&S problem concerning the logon. I've had the best luck at clicking the Log In link at the top of the page when I first get in. If you try to logon by clicking in a textarea box for a response and you are prompted for an ID and PW, forget it. It never works.

Comment

Phw, call the F&S office maybe they can hell you.

It is not the end of the world losing the F&S website. You’re now in God's Country now if you’re hearing elk bugling.
      We all would switch places with you in a heart beat.

Congratulations for having the courage to pack up and leave everything to start a new life in an awesome state that has great hunting and fishing.

Comment

Will miss your inspirational and thoughtful posts on a regular basis but I would gladly give the shirt off my back and the shoes off my feet to live in a place like that

Comment

PHW,
          Keep in touch.
          If you can post some pics of the new digs.
          Happy trails.

Comment

With all that abundance, F&S is small potatoes.

Comment

Best of luck to you p-h-w. Thanks for the update on what Heaven is like so that we can dream even bigger dreams. Wish I were there to see a sunset and hear an elk bugle in that beautiful country. Enjoy! I hope you can figure out a way to connect as it is always good to hear from you. The satellite latency should not cause special issues... try the flakey login dialogs in different parts of the site. They seem to be tinkering on these and they come and go lately.

Comment

Poor reception can be a good thing. Come visit when you can.

Comment

Best of luck to you. Hopefully you can post ever now and then. :-)

Comment

Did I miss something? When did WAM come back? It is great to have you back WAM!

Comment

Wyoming is a big State, where in the Dickens are you close to? Kindest Regards

Comment

WAM I second the motion.
                        Pray-hunt-work that sounds like a pretty good gig. Enjoy, the rest of us will be here wishing we were there.

Comment

PHW I have to agree with the above gentlemen. If I was able to move to move there I am not sure I would even have phone and internet. Sounds amazing for you, as they have said if you do get a chance to drop a line into us here all the better.

Comment

I hope this relocation favors you and you're very happy with the move. Hopefully, your internet communication situation will improve. Meanwhile, communicate when you can. Best wishes,
                            Ed

Comment

Keep in touch. I just got back from Montana but will be heading back there again in a few more weeks. Where are you? I wouldn't mind taking you up on your invitation to visit. A bit out of my way but sure sounds like it would be worth the detour.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by fitch270
                                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                                Today, 07:01 PM
                              • So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by Milldawg
                                With my hectic schedule between work and owning and operating another business now. My shooting and hunting for this year have been shelved. So I am going...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 AM
                              • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by 99explorer
                                Rumor has it that Trump will be bringing a bullhorn to the final debate tonight in Nashville, so he will not have to depend on an open microphone to be...
                                Today, 06:49 PM
                              • Debate #2: new rules
                                by FirstBubba
                                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                              • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by 99explorer
                                I just checked and there are currently 49 users online at the Outdoor Life site.
                                But no political topics in the "Other" forum.
                                We
                                Today, 06:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X