Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta question about eating furbearers. Do any of you eat muskrat or raccoon im gonna be trapping this year .i will be targeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dcast -

Nature's way of teaching people to floss.

Ah kin git away with almost ennything, bein a dawg...

Ah kin go out in the front yard and pee, fur instance.

Or mebbe a little leg-humpin...

Comment

I have no experience with either animal, but just by coincidence, last night I saw a TV food show in which an old woman in Savannah was butchering a raccoon and talking about how important it is to go through the skinned carcass and cut out all the little scent glands, which can taint the meat. Maybe that's something to keep in mind. (Yeah, it was just a TV show, but this lady still lives in the same swamp-hovel that her slave ancestors did, and she certainly knew her way around with a skinning knife).

Comment

Thanks guys definetley be asking my local dnr to make sure its safe.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad