Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about putting a red dot sight on marlin 336?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about putting a red dot sight on marlin 336?

What do you guys think about putting a red dot sight on marlin 336?

I put a Tasco red dot sight on one of my 10/22 rifles, and it was the fastest sight arrangement I could ask for, absolutely hazardous to squirrels, though I don't know how much punishment that sight would absorb. I put a Tru-Glo dot on a .38 Special revolver, and it's performing well; I wouldn't doubt a dot would serve well on the Marlin Model 336!

Comment

Ah hadda similar Bushnell on a CZ 12 ga/7mmR.

It wuz Killer on the trap range, butt hadda built-in ambiguity of about 3 inches at 50 yards.

Comment

The 336 is very accurate. I think a red dot would complement the 336 quite nicely....but then so would any quality 4x scope.

Comment

I'll be the dissenter here...I think it would throw the esthetic way off. I have a peep on mine , sight he aperture opened up to serve as a "ghost ring." Best front sight is a flat top post, or patridge. A red dot will be functional, but they tend to be clunky, and I'm not a fan of anything that uses batteries on my rifles.

Took a big Texas boar-hog right between the eyes with that rifle. I still remember seeing that post right where the bullet hit as he busted through the brush.

Comment

Autocorrect strikes again. " with the aperture..."

Comment

I have a Tru-Glo3x on my Marlin 1894/44Magnum it never moves off Zero in 5Yr.

Comment

I would keep it simple and use a receiver peep sight. I have them on both my lever actions. They have removable inserts and I use them both without the insert. Fast, accurate, simple.

Comment

I have an EOTech on my Henry 45/70 and the both eyes open shooting is pretty neat when you get used to it. Mine is only intended for very close ranges so if you are taking longer shots a scope might be a better choice. But for brush and close encounters the red dot is very effective.
                  I happen to agree with AMFlyer about the aesthetics. Mine looks heck but I did not buy this rifle to win any beauty contests. Might be ugly but it puts the bullets where they are supposed to go and keeping both eyes open is a real advantage.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad