Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a legal defense insurance plan to cover lawful shooting incidents arising from concealed carry? See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a legal defense insurance plan to cover lawful shooting incidents arising from concealed carry? See first post.

Does anyone have a legal defense insurance plan to cover lawful shooting incidents arising from concealed carry? See first post.

I have been hearing good things about two plans that purport to pay for "first dollar" expenses, that is up-front attorneys fees, whereas the others pay reimbursement for expenses already paid by the client.
    I think both are membership organizations that purchase a blanket policy for all members.
    One is called the CHL Protection Plan and the other is the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network.

Comment

I am thinking of getting a policy through Buckey Firearms.Com. They have several levels to choose from.

Comment

I have a CHL, but I don't carry every time I leave the house.
        I think I'm more nervous leaving a handgun in my vehicle than I am being without it! LOL!
        So, no, I don't have insurance and probably won't get any!
        I really need to get in the habit of carrying. Lots of time and money to simply haul a piece of plastic around with my name and picture on it, though it's a dandy secondary ID.
        Kinda funny story:
        Last summer in the airport at Kodiak, AK, one of our party was asked for an ID. He hands a TSA agent his state CHL! Not folks you want to kid around with!

Comment

would help if you got charged with murder in a self defense scenario...i know in MI if you shoot someone in self defense and get justifiable homicide the victims family cannot come after you in civil court.

Comment

The need for such protection exists because Homeowners Insurance covers the negligent (read careless) acts of the insured, and not intentional acts inflicting harm on another person.
            I am still researching and will post my findings shortly.

Comment

I believe if you are charged and loose in court(criminal or civil) your homeowners is null and void. Same way with 'wrap around' or 'additional' personal liability policies.
              Check the policies offered as listed in Buckey.com and you can see the basics through the most protective and the monthly premium for each. Their comparison details each additional coverage as the policy gets more comprehensive.

Comment

Make that Buckeyefirearms.com

Comment

Sorry, it has been a long day.

It is BuckeyfirearmsAssociation.org

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad