Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what does everyone think about Obama wanting to attack Syria? I forone think this is getting ridiculous. We are having a hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what does everyone think about Obama wanting to attack Syria? I forone think this is getting ridiculous. We are having a hard

So what does everyone think about Obama wanting to attack Syria? I forone think this is getting ridiculous. We are having a hard enough time keeping our country going, but yet we still feel the need to intervene in other countries business when we have nothing to do with it. I 100% support our military and helping other in need. But I also belive we need to think about our selves before others. I know this is hunting/fishing site but this has really been eating at me today and wanted to see what other thought. Thanks

Hmmm...

Mebbe "We have found the enemy, and it iz us!" Anon

Comment

If we support the rebels against Pres. Assad's regime, we are doing Al-Qaeda's work for them, and I question the wisdom of saber-rattling before the investigations are completed. I have resources in the area, and I'm told BOTH sides have used chemical weapons.
      I love my country, but I distrust this administration's ability, intel, and assessment of the situation. The investigations aren't complete and we're threatening use of force? We are discussing warfare as though it was some sort of parlor board game! We do well to resolve some issues before we embark on others. This is an administration that has yet to resolve the Benghazi investigation to my satisfaction; however, on the basis of preliminary investigations, we're considering the use of Tomahawk missiles? We have superb military personnel, resources and weapons technology, but we have seen politically mismanaged conflicts in the past and we appear to have forgotten the lessons. We have lost credibility as a nation due to the promises made (and broken) by a President that has no military experience and does not have the respect, support or cooperation of the international community. Lord, I can write pages on htis because it has been eating at me as well.

Comment

I think that we need to keep our noses out of this one. I don't think we need to take the side of Al Qaeda. I think they are both wrong and we should just stand back and let them settle it on their own.

Comment

The Brits said NO they will NOT side with the U.S.
          JMO~ Let them fight it out...and Then kill the winner.

Comment

The word “distraction” keeps popping up in the back of my head. Like a shell game. While we are watching which shell the pea is under, someone is picking our pocket.

Comment

Found this on CNN:

"McCain: Obama can act without congressional approval"

It wooden even be an End Run!

Don't even imagine he won't do it.

Comment

I still think we should arm the ordinary Syrian citizens - let them sort it out for themselves.
                A friend (dual citizenship Egyptian - US) just came back from Egypt. He said the U.S. should get out of the area completely. Clinton and Obama have made the area totally unstable. He also said Syria, and also Egypt need to work this out themselves. It will be deadly, but these sects have been fighting each other for a long, long time.

Comment

If the American people are going to stop this war, they need to do it now. The following are 25 quotes about the coming war with Syria that every American should see…
                  1. Barack Obama, during an interview with Charlie Savage on December 20, 2007: “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”
                  2. Joe Biden, during a television interview in 2007: “The president has no constitutional authority … to take this nation to war … unless we’re attacked or unless there is proof we are about to be attacked. And if he does, if he does, I would move to impeach him.”
                  3. U.S. Representative Ted Poe: “Mr. President, you must call Congress back from recess immediately to take a vote on a military strike on Syria. Assad may have crossed a red line but that does not give you the authority to redline the Constitution.”
                  4. U.S. Representative Kurt Schrader: “I see no convincing evidence that this is an imminent threat to the United States of America.”
                  5. U.S. Representative Barbara Lee: “While we understand that as commander-in-chief you have a constitutional obligation to protect our national interests from direct attack, Congress has the constitutional obligation and power to approve military force, even if the United States or its direct interests (such as its embassies) have not been attacked or threatened with an attack.”
                  6. The New York Times: “American officials said Wednesday there was no ‘smoking gun’ that directly links President Bashar al-Assad to the attack, and they tried to lower expectations about the public intelligence presentation.”
                  7. U.S. Senator Rand Paul: “The war in Syria has no clear national security connection to the United States and victory by either side will not necessarily bring in to power people friendly to the United States.”
                  8. U.S. Senator Tim Kaine: “I definitely believe there needs to be a vote.”
                  9. Donald Rumsfeld: “There really hasn’t been any indication from the administration as to what our national interest is with respect to this particular situation.”
                  10. Robert Fisk: “If Barack Obama decides to attack the Syrian regime, he has ensured – for the very first time in history – that the United States will be on the same side as al-Qa’ida.”
                  11. Former congressman Dennis Kucinich: “So what, we’re about to become al-Qaeda’s air force now?”
                  12. Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem: “We have two options: either to surrender, or to defend ourselves with the means at our disposal. The second choice is the best: we will defend ourselves.”
                  13. A Syrian Army officer: “We have more than 8,000 suicide martyrs within the Syrian army, ready to carry out martyrdom operations at any moment to stop the Americans and the British. I myself am ready to blow myself up against US aircraft carriers to stop them attacking Syria and its people.”
                  14. Khalaf Muftah, a senior Ba’ath Party official: “We have strategic weapons and we’re capable of responding.”
                  15. An anonymous senior Hezbollah source: “A large-scale Western strike on Syria will plunge Lebanon virtually and immediately into the inferno of a war with Israel.”
                  16. Ali Larjiani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament: “…the country which has been destroyed by the terrorists during the past two years will not sustain so much damage as the warmongers will receive in this war.”
                  17. Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei: “Starting this fire will be like a spark in a large store of gunpowder, with unclear and unspecified outcomes and consequences”
                  18. General Mohammad Ali Jafari, chief of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards: (an attack on Syria) “means the immediate destruction of Israel.”
                  19. Israeli President Shimon Peres: “Israel is not and has not been involved in the civil war in Syria, but if they try to hurt us, we will respond with full force.”
                  20. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: “We are not part of the civil war in Syria, but if we identify any attempt whatsoever to harm us, we will respond and we will respond in strength.”
                  21. The Jerusalem Post: “The lines between Hezbollah and the Syrian regime are so blurred that Israel will hold Damascus responsible if Hezbollah bombards Israel in the coming days, Israeli officials indicated on Wednesday.”
                  22. Ron Paul: “The danger of escalation with Russia is very high”
                  23. Pat Buchanan: “The sole beneficiary of this apparent use of poison gas against civilians in rebel-held territory appears to be the rebels, who have long sought to have us come in and fight their war.”
                  24. Retired U.S. General James Mattis: “We have no moral obligation to do the impossible and harm our children’s future because we think we just have to do something.”
                  25. Syrian refugee Um Ahmad: “Isn’t it enough, all the violence and fighting that we already have in the country, now America wants to bomb us, too?”
                  Read more officialteapartyusa.com

Comment

Hi...

Simple answer: I don't think that we should be the world's police force...!!

If the UN wants to intervene, then...maybe...we should 'help out'.

And speaking of the UN...don't they still owe us big bucks (past dues, so to speak)...??

Comment

The U.S.A. would be better of to not get involved with any of the middle east. You have to take care of your own problems before you can worry about somebody else's.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad