Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone on here ever met David E. Petzal, Phil Bourjaily, or Bill Heavey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone on here ever met David E. Petzal, Phil Bourjaily, or Bill Heavey?

Has anyone on here ever met David E. Petzal, Phil Bourjaily, or Bill Heavey?

Met Petzal briefly in Las Vegas at the SCI Convention.

Comment

Years ago, late '60s-early '70s, I met Dave Petzal when he was an associate editor for Sports Afield and I was a firearms salesman in a Manhattan sporting goods store. He was a consistent pleasure to deal with and speak to, and his dry wit was much the same as it is now. I haven't seen him since I relocated to the West Coast (and ultimately to the Pacific NW), but when I hear his voice or see him on YouTube, he is very much the same - with a bit more gray and more character in his face - as he was 40 years ago! I hope Life continues to be generous to him.

Comment

I never met Dave P. but I think I met the Famous Ed J Palumbo at Models Sports on Duane St,between W-Broad Way & Church St. I would buy my Chuck Hunting Ammo Rem/80Gr 243Win, If I am Correct just give me an OK.

Comment

Treestand... with all due respect to our illustrious Field and Stream writers, I would consider meeting Mr. EJP even more of an honor. He has always been so helpful, knowledgeable and above all such an eloquent writer. I would consider it an honor to meet any of these great guys.

Comment

Buckhunter and I have made a point of getting together at a couple hunting conventions, including the one where he met Mr Petzal . After he met him we unsuccessfully attempted to find him so I could shake hands. However, we had fun chatting with several other writers I know.

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen. Treestand, you bring back memories! I'm told Modell's is still a viable business. They were a good resource for sporting goods back then. I wouldn't doubt we patrolled the same aisles downtown!
              DakotaMan, I'd be honored to meet you and Treestand and shake your hand.
              Happy Myles, I'd be pleased to meet you and I'd ask for a signed copy of the book that you are undoubtedly well-qualified to write. You've already got a readership here!
              Best wishes, gentlemen, and God bless.
              Ed

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad