Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upland bird season opens next Sunday, I'll be out chasing sharptails, hungarian partridge and sage grouse. My younger brother ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upland bird season opens next Sunday, I'll be out chasing sharptails, hungarian partridge and sage grouse. My younger brother ha

Upland bird season opens next Sunday, I'll be out chasing sharptails, hungarian partridge and sage grouse. My younger brother has be relentless in his elk scouting and has found several bachelor groups of bulls and is eagerly awaiting the start of bow season. How is everyone else's hunting "preseason" going?

From what I have seen the abundance of rain has caused the undergrowth to explode. Great for cover for the deer during the summer but it could pose some problems for the early seasons that will soon open. It all depends on how fast the foliage leaves the undergrowth. Might mean a lot of shooting lane clearing. I am not complaining, just something we have not had to deal with in the past Rather have the rain than drought and fires. Our thoughts are with those in the fire zones, hope for early rain.

Comment

Of course,rain is nothing new here indy Pac NW.

Plenty of ruffed grouse.

Plenty of Chanterelles and Shiitakes.

Sautee the mushrooms and onions and peppers and bird together.

Boy Howdy!

Comment

I don't hunt deer but I'm very excited because squirrel season opens in Ohio in a couple of days!

Comment

been shooting a lot of crows, right now im trying to find a good place to hunt geese for the MI early season that starts sunday.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad