Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more. A little Cowboy Movie Trivia. From which movie was the quote "We all dream of being children again, even the worst of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl Huber-
    Honorable mention, but no cigar. John Wayne spoke that line to Patrick Wayne, who was portraying a Union cavalry second lieutenant . The Duke then turned to Ward Bond and said "He is a Yankee cavalryman." I believe this to be Patrick Wayne's first film appearance with John Wayne, but he was in many more John Wayne films.

Comment

All Respect crm3006

Comment

Carl Huber-
        Harry Carey appeared in a number of John Wayne /John Ford films. He even did a Roman Ride in one, no stuntman involved.

Comment

06; That part of the movie brought back a memory. Both my boys went to school with the descendant of A.P. Hill. A Confederate Cavalry Officer. They all played Lacrosse together. During a hard fought game they would bolster each other with cracks like "come on Frank let's win one for the South or Mike I heard you Yankee's could run fast back to your zone". Those were some of the more PC comments.

You also mentioned stunt men. No onrealizeses that back then stunts were more real than today with special effects. An Indian calleYakimama Cenuck [I hope I got the spelling correct] did the oft copied stunt in Stage Coach.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bi/Tri -pods
            by Ernie
            You’re building that shooting table, make sure you have enough length for your bipod to be stable, and for a rear bag to get support for the buttstock....
            Today, 02:30 PM
          • Bi/Tri -pods
            by FirstBubba
            I've seen bipods on hunting rifles, but always considered them nonessential and cumbersome ... until I started building AR's.
            A bipod, to me, just...
            Today, 11:36 AM
          • Reply to TGIF; 15 minutes of fame
            by fitch270
            Now this just did get weird. If you recall PH I hinted about this week’s topic after you posted Rockwell’s “Somebody’s Watching Me”. I hadn’t...
            Today, 02:28 PM
          • TGIF; 15 minutes of fame
            by fitch270
            Every week we have a number of go to artists and bands we link to, nothing wrong with that but what makes these threads really interesting are the forgotten...
            09-23-2021, 08:45 PM
          • Reply to The times, they are a-changin'!
            by Milldawg
            Nah can’t do it yet. Stick with my 11-87!!...
            Today, 02:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X