Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some might remember I was trying to get rattelsnakes out of my mobile home which in on my hunting property. I've tried everythi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some might remember I was trying to get rattelsnakes out of my mobile home which in on my hunting property. I've tried everythi

Some might remember I was trying to get rattelsnakes out of my mobile home which in on my hunting property. I've tried everything I can think of, and have failed. The snakes won. I'm now in the market for a travel trailer or fifth wheel. I don't have knowledge with these. Are there any brands that are better than others? Any brands to stay away from.

Ah lived inna 31-foot Airstream Land Yacht for several years.

Ah gutted it and repainted it and put in the biggest bed that wood go in, up front.

There wuz plenty of room inside for a computer table and a work bench on the other side.

I put in a flush toilet and reworked the galley area and installed an electric water heater.

Repainted the interior flat white

It ended up being very roomy and comfortable.

Beware of propane heaters.

Ah used a portable electric heater and it worked well at a cost of a dollar per day.

Comment

I just bought a Jayco 23' but will use it mostly as a stationary camp. Had a 30' Fleetwood Prowler and liked that.
      I also have a sun lite which is also 23' and as the name implies is very easy to tow.
      If you are going to put miles on it I would look at the ones with solid fiberglass(?) sides, I have been told they hold up better than the conventional aluminum sided. Most all major mfg. offer the solid fiberglass sided ones.
      Pull outs are nice but beware, sometimes you can not gain entry until the side is extended, not a good feature if you are on the road and just want to stop and have lunch.
      Another thing, you might want a 3-4 season trailer - that has the entire bottom covered. Might be the thing to keep out snakes. It also extends the use into colder temperatures as the pipes are enclosed.
      I go around the bottoms of my trailers and shove steel wool into any crack or crevice. Keeps out the mice as they will not chew steel wool and also might deter snakes.
      Good luck finding one. Jim

Comment

I have a 16'JAYKO Traveler 2008 it has all that I need Sleeps 4 has A/C,Heat 110V or 12Volt.

Comment

Don't travel by air, either. There's a good documentary out called, "Snakes on a Plane."

Comment

Jay, I'm just wondering, will a new mobile home in the same area stop the mice and the poisonous Houdini’s from getting in from below?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
              by 99explorer
              So tell us, blubber, is Kamala Harris a U.S. citizen or not?
              Yes or no.
              No speeches and no insults.
              Today, 09:36 PM
            • 16 Years
              by jhjimbo
              So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
              08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
            • Reply to 16 Years
              by FirstBubba
              Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              Back on topic, we see that misinformation about Harris's citizenship status is playing a major role in...
              Today, 09:29 PM
            • Reply to Gun safe
              by jhjimbo
              This is the F&S magazine site, not the Field and Stream store....
              Today, 09:05 PM
            • Gun safe
              by Swenthms
              Problem opening my gun safe
              Today, 08:58 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X