Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your archery setup? I use a 2009 Diamond The Rock 50# bow with Beman ICS Hunter arrow shafts fletched with Bonning 2" Bl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your archery setup? I use a 2009 Diamond The Rock 50# bow with Beman ICS Hunter arrow shafts fletched with Bonning 2" Bl

What is your archery setup? I use a 2009 Diamond The Rock 50# bow with Beman ICS Hunter arrow shafts fletched with Bonning 2" Blazer vanes and wrapped with Bonnong wraps. My quiver is a Bonning Lynx 4-arrow, and I have a TruGlo TruSite Xtreme 5-pin sight. My rest is a QAD UltraRest drop-away Hunter. What's your setup.

2006 PSE Diablo (Mossy Oak New Break-Up) 70#, 28" Draw Length with Winner's Choice Custom Bow Strings and Cables, Beman ICS Hunter 2" Blazer Vanes with Slick Trick 100 Grain 1 1/8" Magnum Broadheads, PSE Top Gun 4-Arrow Quick Detachable Quiver (Mossy Oak New Break-Up), Montana Black Gold FlashPoint 5 (0.19 Pins), Trophy Taker Extreme Full-Containment Top Slot Rest.

Comment

1984 Bear Polar II 65#,Beeman ICS carbon arrows, a drop off rest, Polington Red Dot Scope, Muzzy 100 Grain 3 Blade Broadheads,a Quikie Quiver, and a Bear Release.

Comment

Parker Trailblazer XP, 70#, 28" DL, whisker biskit, 5 pin sight, can't remember the brand, 28" BPS Carbon Fury arrow/4" vanes, quick release 4 arrow quiver, Thunderhead 125 grain 1.25" broadheads. I probably need to replace the string this year. Most people will say I should shoot better arrows but I'm getting groups of 4 in a 6" circle from out to 50 yards so I'm satisfied with that. So far the deer I've talked to have not been able to tell the difference.

Comment

Hey, Sharkfin those are really good 50 yard groups by the way. And I forgot I also have a Sim's S-Coil stabilizer and a home-made bowsling. And I plan to use Magnus Stinger BuzzCut 4-blade broadheads this year.

Comment

A 1970's era Red Wing Hunter recurve,45 pounds draw. No sights, no stabilizer, no whisker buisket (whatever that is..) I like Port Orford cedar shafts and feather for fletching, although I am partial to Bjorn nocks. I use a homemade leather fingertab, a homemade leather wrist bracer and a homemade leather quiver. I like to use empty 9mm cartriges for blunt arrowheads on small game though I have been known to try my hand at knapping and I have made a passable obsidian point in times past.
            I shoot instinctively so I have no use for fancy sights or other stuff, also I'm really cheap being an old swamp Yankee and all. Never did like spendin money on useless frippery.

Comment

I use a Bear compound bow from probably the 70's or 80's. Got it at a garage sale for $25. It has all its original cheap stuff for holding arrows, aiming and shooting them but I don't think about them too much as long as they aren't broken. I use inexpensive composite arrows with the cheapest broadheads I can get. I use the cheapest trigger release I could find. I don't spend much on equipment because I don't find much correlation between the amount spent on equipment and the result. I prefer to spend my money on getting into a great location with lots of big deer if possible. I also spend a lot of time trying to get smarter about staying scentless. My old bow shoots just fine from 50 yards on in but I don't usually have to shoot more than 10-20 yards at which range, the old suction cup arrows I used as a kid would probably work.

Comment

Agreed with Sharkfin and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                  I see an interesting piece up on CBC this morning that says Kamala would be a perfect fit for the Conservative party if she was running for office up...
                  Today, 11:19 AM
                • 16 Years
                  by jhjimbo
                  So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                  Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                • Reply to More Bad News....
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  WAM, I am very sorry to hear about Scout. I know words at times such as this are of little help, but know they are filled with much feeling of sorrow...
                  Today, 11:12 AM
                • More Bad News....
                  by WA Mtnhunter
                  My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                  07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                • Reply to 16 Years
                  by rock rat
                  Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                  Today, 10:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X