Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivia: Throughout the movie, "Dr. No," James Bond (007) is seen handling and using a pistol referred to as a Walther PPK. But

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia: Throughout the movie, "Dr. No," James Bond (007) is seen handling and using a pistol referred to as a Walther PPK. But

Trivia: Throughout the movie, "Dr. No," James Bond (007) is seen handling and using a pistol referred to as a Walther PPK. But the props actually used in the film were three different model pistols. What were they? Guesses are allowed.

I believe one was a pellet gun.

Comment

Hmmm...

The onliest semi-auto pistols that small thet Ah evva owned wuzza Beretta model 1934 and a Remington Model 51..

Comment

In the book Bond started out with a Beretta with a skeletal grip in 25ACP. It was traded in for a Walther PP. He also had a suppressed Browning 1910.

Comment

Walther PPK-380,Beretta 418-25Acp and I think a S&W.(Cal?)in his A-Martin.

Comment

And the answer is...(drum roll)...the first incorrect prop is the Walther PP that is given to Bond in exchange for his Beretta. It is erroneously referred to as a Walther PPK, a slightly smaller version of the Walther PP. Bond actually uses that Walther PP throughout the movie.
            Then, in the scene where Prof. Dent tries to kill Bond in his hotel room, Bond shoots Dent with an FN Mauser 1910 fitted with a suppressor, supposedly his Walther PPK, but the props dept. did not have a suppressor to fit the Walther.
            Then, in the shooting scene on the beach of Crab Key Island, Bond is seen shooting at the dragon tank with a Colt 1911, but after a few shots, it morphs back into his Walther PP.
            Finally, in the book, Bond surrenders a Beretta Model 418 in exchange for the Walther, but in the movie, Bond is seen giving up a Beretta Model 34 or Model 35 to his boss.

Comment

The other James Bond movie the man with the golden gun was a 45 revolver with added attachments.

Comment

99; thank God for Stop DVD

Comment

Well, I'm almost certain I read in a recent issue of American Rifleman that a look-a-like PPK bb gun pistol was used as a prop in one of the films. I guess that wasn't the intent of the question.

Comment

Carl - I get this kind of info on www.imfdb.org
                    Great site. You can look up all the movie guns.
                    They are listed alphabetically by movie title, by actor's name and by make and model of gun.
                    Try it. You'll like it.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think a pellet gun was depicted in Bond's hand in one of the posters.

Comment

Must confess I was more interested in the female props than the firearms. Kindest Regards

Comment

Hap if that's the case you'll love "For Your Eye's Only". The girl on the movie poster with Roger Moore started life as Barry Kenneth Cossey. He then became Caroline Cossey AKA Tula. She wasn't a love interest in the movie rather one of the girls. I guess once you put Bond on a poster with a Pellet Gun anything goes.
                          PS I had a friend a commercial artist at the original shoot. He said Tula had to wear her bikini bottom back wards for some reason.

Comment

1. Magnum Research Desert Eagle with Gold Tiger Striping, 2. .500 S&W Revolver, 3. 1807 Harper's Ferry in .58 cal.

Am I close?

Comment

Alpha - No, but you're getting warm.
                              Take three more guesses, and check out the answers given in the fifth post above:-)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad