Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jersey Animal Rights Protester Susan Kehoe breaks up a black bear fight in her back yard. She feeds the “moocher” bears all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Animal Rights Protester Susan Kehoe breaks up a black bear fight in her back yard. She feeds the “moocher” bears all

New Jersey Animal Rights Protester Susan Kehoe breaks up a black bear fight in her back yard. She feeds the “moocher” bears all year round. The same bears are walking around her neighborhood day and night putting children and pets in danger. New Jersey hunters bait bears deep inside the forest a week before a six day bear hunt. She baiting bears near other houses. The Fish and Game filed charges against her for feeding the bears and her attorney said "if New Jersey hunters can bait bear to shoot with a gun why can't my client bait bears to shoot them with a camera?" The Judge agreed and dropped all the charges againt her. Her video link of the bear fight is listed inside my first comment. What is your opinion on this Yogi Bear Lover and the danger she is causing to herself and others?

www.news4jax.com/news/woman-tries-to-break-up-bear-fight/-/475880/21478092/-/mvaw44z/-/index.html

Comment

Ah seen the video on a news website.

The day is coming soon when she won't be a problem fur ennybuddy!

Comment

I think this woman, while her intentions are good, is doing a huge dis-service to both the bears and her community. She's teaching bears that they have nothing to fear from humans and that ALL humans will provide them a free meal. In turn, the bears lose the ability to fend for themselves and appear to be terrorizing neighborhoods. This woman obviously hasn't had much experience with animal behavior.

Comment

The state of New Jersey must draft a law no feeding black bears within 300 yards of an occupied dwelling. Kehoe will not carry bear food three football fields away from her neighborhood into the woods. She loves to look out her window, see a bear in the back yard then grabs her video camera and then sends it onto You Tube.

The state law would stop her constant "dog and pony show" of back yard bears for the news media.

Susan Kehoe is feeding the black bears just for all the media attention. She has many bear videos on You Tube and the "bear on her hammock video" link below made national news.

www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=1719979n

Comment

This woman should see the pictures of people injured and killed by bears. I understand black bears are particularly noted for attacks.
            At a dump in the Adirondacks a bunch of people were looking at the bears and a guy threw a old pound cake at a big bear and hit it right in the arse. The bear spun around and made a charge at the people. Anybody been on the business end of a charge by a black bear knows the pucker factor is close to ten. It stopped in about 50', but a lot of people had to change their under ware.
            This woman should know a bear is unpredictable and may cause injury or death to a person and also to itself. The game warden should give her some more education to cease and desist, if even for the bears sake.

Comment

Unfortunately it appears that nothing will happen until after a bear kills someone or some child. After that happens, I hope the victims family sues the hell out of the judge, and the woman. Hopefully the judge will lose his place on the stand.

Comment

Krusty - I share your concerns, but the judge does not make the law. He just applies it to the facts of the case.
                I think the state or municipality needs to change the law.

Comment

Explorer,
                  I do understand that and completely agree that the state needs to change the law, however its frustrating that they completely throw common sense out the window in the event of a case like this. Then again, common sense doesn't seem to be very common, just look at this lady.

Comment

New Jersey is just too crowded for baiting. Unlike Maine and other states like it Bears could be harvested without it. PA where I hunt forbids it and we do just fine. I never understood why they needed it. Sorry if I'm stepping on toes, in many areas baiting is needed but not for bears in NJ. Its a health hazard and the last place bears should associate humans with food is in a highly populated state like NJ.

Comment

She is creating a very dangerous situation. Ignorance is bliss till you get eaten.

Comment

This is just an undeveloped case of the "Bambi" syndrome. The general public does not give these animals the respect they deserve. She probably has no idea the danger that a bear puts a neighborhood in. A bear is just a big puppy dog to people like that. They are beautiful animals, but dangerous, and need to be given the proper respect.

Comment

Hobob, the law in New Jersey states we can only hunt black bears with a shotgun slug or a muzzle loader slug. Jersey hunters can use bait pile for bears but you must be 100 yards away when hunting a tree stand or a ground blind.

In Maine bear hunters can place a bait pile right under your tree stand and they can use a rifle to harvest their bear.

Pennsylvania and Maine bear hunters can use rifles with a scopes and your killing distance can reach out four times further then a New Jersey bear hunters using shotgun slugs.

I would like to see New Jersey allow archery bear hunting so the bait pile can be placed under your tree stand.

As far as a health hazard New Jersey bear hunters must be 450 feet from an occupied dwelling hunting with a shotgun. Hunters must wear orange while bear hunting. I can't remember if the state ever had a hunting accident during bear season. Turkey hunters wearing full camouflage imitating turkeys in thick brush had their share of accidents.

Just remember 8,000 New Jersey bear hunters are hunting a hundred yards from a "bear food all you can eat buffet". I not am going to be the only "John Rambo" Jersey bear hunter hunting without a bait pile.

Comment

By the way Hobo, you didn’t step own my toes. I just wanted to explain the facts to you with New Jersey bear hunting vs. Maine / Pennsylvania. I bear hunted in New Jersey last year for two huge black bears that were eating on my bait pile during the hours of darkness. My trail cameras got hundreds of photos of both of these four hundred pound heavy weights. In six days those big burins never came into my bait pile during day light hunting hours. Every day they came in around seven or eight at night and ate their fell in the dark. I did see six bears in six days but I passed them all up, for the bigger brutes that never showed up.

Comment

sorry, my mistake Hobob not Hobo.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad