Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To WAM, Kudu Kid and David Petzal:

To WAM, Kudu Kid and David Petzal:

I have been gone for a week but I have got to say this.
    We have a lot of bigger problems than to bicker amongst ourselves about issues that are meaningless in this uneducated, polluted, jerk filled, pea-brained, crime ridden, filth covered, politician-run world that we live in.
    People will always have different opinions and different ideologies, that they will fight to the death to defend; that is why we have the Constitution... to guarantee that if someone has a problem, there is a process that they can follow to change it. Arguing amongst ourselves doesn't get us anywhere.
    As humans we won't always agree, but as Americans we can at least agree to do what we think is best for our country. There can only be one right path for this country, but the problem is in agreeing on what that path is. Only by cooperation and sensible conversations can we determine what that path is, by plugging our ears and shutting our eyes we are only compounding that problem not fixing it.
    It seems that this argument started by a simple Latin phrase, well not being very educated in Latin the only phrases I know are "Potius Mori Quam Foedari" (death before dishonor), "Semper Paratus" (always prepared), "Non Sibi Sed Patriae" (not self but country), "Semper Fidelis" (always faithful), "De Opresso Liber" (libir" (liberator of the oppressed), "E Pluribus Unum", "Deus Servo Sulum" (God saves everyone)... These are the phrases that I think are the most important to everyone. Now I am not trying to pick an argument with anyone, but rather I am trying to prevent a dissolution of a community. I am not sure if there was any "behind the scenes" conversations here, but I hope that whatever happened can be resolved without "slamming the door" and leaving entirely, which could result in the dissolution of this entire community ("A house divided cannot stand").
    So on an official note, I am asking that no one leave, or even hold any grudges but maybe actually listen and learn, because there has only been one Man that knew all and he was killed over two-thousand years ago (read the story if you want to know what happened next). So shake hands, let bygones be... blah blah blah, all that stuff and so forth.
    -Your friend, Country Boy.

Comment

Very well written please come back WAM

Comment

I love your comments

Comment

Whut they said...

Sheeit.

Comment

Don't forget, "Carpe Diem," Sieze the Carp.

Comment

Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
              Excuse me. I've got to see a man about a dawg.

Comment

Since we are trying to bring WAM back into the fold. I have two that he might find amusing.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis"
                War is sweet to those who never fought.

AND

"Damnant quodnon intelligunt"
                They condem what they do not understand.

Comment

Well spoken country boy i hope wam comes back cause i definetley learned somethings from him.

Comment

Herr Huber -

And Ah thought Bob Dylan originated that...

"And don't criticize whut you cain't understand,

Cuz the times they are a changin."

Ah must admit thet Ah plagiarized the Latin,

But Ah remember some Spanish from Bama 45 years ago...

"Chinga este; esta muchissimo poo poo de los Toros!"

Comment

True Dat bayouwoof. Or as my Dad used to say "There are only 12 original stories in the world and the last 10 are based on the first 2".

Comment

One more that might amuse Mr. WAM from my H.S. History teacher one of "Korea's Chosin Few". "Carrying a guitar doesn't make you a musician and carrying a rifle doesn't make you a soldier".

Comment

Thanks for the responses folks, I just wish we could preserve this forum in a better way.
                          I too have been insulted on here but I tend to take everything I hear with a grain of salt anyway, hazard of having a police officer father I guess. Unfortunately due to time constraints with college I will probably have to limit my time here also, but not leave entirely.
                          My biggest wish is to help build this site back into the hunting and fishing cultural hub that it used to be when WAM, Del, Beekeeper, Hoski, Jamesti, Moishe, and all the rest were still here, and even though I wasn't a member then I would still read and learn from these gentlemen. Lately it seems that this oasis from the dearth which we call life has been unraveling at the seams, both technically and with the participants involved. But in a ray of hope we have been seeing an increase in youth participation on here, a fact which I am glad to report, and I would hate to see these future outdoors-men and women leave to pursue "other" means of entertainment and interests. I know that this magazine is in just about every doctors office in the country and, therefore, obviously has a great following among a large number of people; so the decline of this forum will certainly have no small effect on the majority of readers who come to this site to ask questions of men that are much more learned than themselves.
                          So my plea is to not allow this wealth of knowledge to dissolve, but keep it intact for the future people who come here to learn of the lifestyle that many people on here lead. I know I am not a very learned or wise person but I am opinionated and sometimes find it hard to resist to fight for what I believe in.
                          -Country Boy.

Comment

Country, looks like your lamentations have fallen on deaf ears. Not a peep out of WA Mtn, Petzal, or dudukid.

Comment

Yeah well, at least I tried.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad