Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the day: You're fishing and fall in. Your cell phone gets soaked. What do you do? See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the day: You're fishing and fall in. Your cell phone gets soaked. What do you do? See first post.

Tip of the day: You're fishing and fall in. Your cell phone gets soaked. What do you do? See first post.

My daughter gave me this tip and it works. Maybe others know about it but thought I'd pass it along. Immerse the phone in rice and let stand overnight. It will resume working. I've done it twice now and apparently my daughter has done it numerous times.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Dallas, I read it somewhere you shouldn't use blow dryers, microwaves or kitchen ovens on wet cell phones. It can damage the inside of the phone.

Ontario, my brother-in-law dropped his cell his pool and the rice didn't work.
        Maybe some phone models work with rice and some don't?

Comment

It worked with my phone, but it after that all the photos looked kinda grainy.

Comment

Remove the battery immediately then soak in rice.

Comment

After taking more trips down the Arkansas than a white river rafting guide (without a raft) I now keep my phone in a plastic bag. It is not if I fall in but when

Comment

Buckhunter has the right idea, if your phone has a removable battery, take it out and submerge it seperatly. Actually, remove the battery as soon as it gets wet so as not to fry the phone with use when wet.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

I'm assuming the rice should be white, dry and uncooked. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Yes, uncooked. Thanks for clarifying that, 99. I have used brown rice and it seems to work as well. Just brush the dust off afterwards with a toothbrush. White rice works best though. And Minute Rice is fine. It's all I ever buy. Maybe the longer cooking stuff works better (or worse)?

Comment

My phone doesn't seem to be racist, either seems to be fine. As for my previous comment, I'd like to clarify that the phone should be submerged in rice after a spill, not water. My above post was a mite vague.

Comment

My phone doesn't seem to be racist, either seems to be fine. As for my previous comment, I'd like to clarify that the phone should be submerged in rice after a spill, not water. My above post was a mite vague.

Comment

I was going to say take the battery out immediately and then put it in a bag of uncooked rice but I see you're covered on that. Don't use chinese take-out pork fried rice, your phone will smell delicious but will not work any better.

Comment

The best thing is to buy a good construction grade phone. I have a Casio commando, it's shock proof, dust proof, water proof, etc... I take pictures under water with it at the pool. Of my kids for the sick minded! I can carry it in pocket wade fishing without worrying. If some of you could get past the iPhone fad I recommend this phone.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad