Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are snares legal for raccoon in PA? I know you can use snares on beaver and cable restraints on fox and coyote but nothing is sa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are snares legal for raccoon in PA? I know you can use snares on beaver and cable restraints on fox and coyote but nothing is sa

Are snares legal for raccoon in PA? I know you can use snares on beaver and cable restraints on fox and coyote but nothing is said on raccoon muskrat etc.

Call your local dnr. They should know.

Comment

Call your local dnr. They should know.

Comment

I am not a big fan of snares. You may mistakenly catch a bear cub, fawn, bald eagle or any other species of wildlife.

The New Jersey Fish and Wildlife uses snares to do their research on black bears. Many smaller bears get caught in state snares and bigger boar bears will kill them and eat half the bear while it is still hanging from the snare.

I shot a black bear in New Jersey that was limping badly on three legs. One of the bear’s front legs was damaged. I thought it was hit by an vehicle on the road so I did the mercy killing on that bear thinking he wouldn’t survive the winter months.

While checking my bear at the state weighting station the fish and wildlife employee ran the bear's lip tattoo on the computer. I was told my bear was caught in a snare five weeks earlier. That snare did the damage to that healthy bear’s front leg not an automobile.

That is why I don't like snares.

Comment

I agree Gary i dont like snares either ill be trapping this year and even if they were legal in my state i definetley wouldnt be using them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad