Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am beginning to see handgun ammo on the shelf at my local WalMart. .40 S&W today. Can the 9mm and .45 ACP be far behind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am beginning to see handgun ammo on the shelf at my local WalMart. .40 S&W today. Can the 9mm and .45 ACP be far behind?

I am beginning to see handgun ammo on the shelf at my local WalMart. .40 S&W; today. Can the 9mm and .45 ACP be far behind?

Cabela's just delivered 100 rounds of .45 ACP to my doorstep today

Comment

I was at Wal-Mart today to check for ammo, as I was told a big shipment was being delivered. It was. But the prices are still about 35% higher than a year ago. There was no .45 or 9mm or .22 rimfire, which is what I was really after.

They had 10 boxes of Federal .375 for $73/box. I was very surprised to see that at Wal Mart, as I do not recall ever seeing it there. There were multiple boxes of .300 Win Mag (premium, $53), too, which was very unusual.

Comment

It probably depends, at least in part, to how badly the cartels need ammo, and the kinds of follow-on deals the DEA has in the works.

Those guns they provided are no good without ammo!

Comment

I marvel at the prices on centerfire ammunition. Handloading components, when they briefly appear, are exorbitantly priced. "Sticker shock" has become the norm for me when I visit local gunshops.

Comment

bayouwoof, You are not by any chance referring to that "phony scandal" Fast and Furious where Atty Gen Erick Withholder provided the armament to kill one of our border agents doing his job to protect us, and about 20 Mexican teenagers at a party, just to name a few. Between Homeland security hoarding all the ammo and the Injustice Dept. buying up the guns to ship south to the cartels, and Ohbummer inspiring us to buy up what is left, the sporting arms industry is doing well. Now that is a Stimulus Plan.

Comment

Sourdough Dave -

Mebbe.

Welcome to Amerika!

The New Face of the Chicago Mob.

Comment

Ah wuz trying to be polite, butt...

Doesn't it seem strange that the AG and the heads of the gov't police organizations are not people at the top of the heap academically or professionally, butt are political appointees?

It has only reached its logical conclusion.

They, as well as a certain Prezzydent, all take their orders from a guy who wears a wife-beater tee shirt, a shoulder holster and suspenders, who presides over a perpetual poker game next to a boiler in the basement of a high-rise in Chicago and has a name similar to Guido Fettuccini and a nose that looks like a dill pickle!

Comment

Oh, yeah.

And Ah wood be remiss if Ah did not paint more detail into the picture...

The poker players are smoking hand-rolled Havana cigars while being served the best vintage whiskey from prohibition days by cheap hoes with too much makeup and Dolly Parton wigs and slap each other on the back and guffaw with delight when The Boss is on the phone and calls Nobama, Al Sharpton, and Action Jackson "Boy," while they shuffle and obsequiously say, "Yassuh, 'deed, Suh."

Comment

I saw .40 S&W and 9mm Luger in wal-mart the other day. There was also .223 and 5.56, 7.62x39, .308, .243, 7mm rem mag, .270, and some others that I don't remember. Anyway, I was in there to get some shotgun shells, and most of what I was looking for was not there. Just kinda annoying.

Comment

I guess where I live, folks is just po'!
                      The .22LR ammo is still hard (but not impossible!) to come by, but "popular" calibers and handgun ammo is on the shelf. I reload so I don't pay much attention to price, but what I have seen isn't exorbitantly ($73 a box!) priced.
                      EJP - most reloading stuff is available. Mebbe not plentiful, but available.
                      Found Win rifle primers (lg,sm,mag,reg) at around $40 brick.
                      CCI pistol primers at $10/flat.
                      Bullets (Sierra) and powder about the same. About $25 can/box.

Comment

MEA CULPA!

CCI pistol primers about "$4 flat"!

Good grief! TEN BUCKS! That'd be crazy!

Comment

I am seeing more ammo on the shelves here but .22 ammo is still scarce. Found a brick of CCI .22 for $70 the other day.

Comment

I don't buy ammo from New Jersey Wal-Mart’s because the employees are young college kids and when you asked them ammo question they look at you like a deer in the headlights.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad