Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Guys With all this RAIN! What your out look for the up coming Deer Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys With all this RAIN! What your out look for the up coming Deer Season.

Hey Guys With all this RAIN! What your out look for the up coming Deer Season.

The under growth is really thick so it should be a bad hunting summer for the coyotes.
    Last time at camp I saw several full grown and a couple fawns. Lots of ticks and mosquitoes as well.

Comment

Here In Fl.In June 24 days of Rain,July 28 days in of Rain,August 5 days of Rain and more to come! My Hunt Lease is Flooded out,Food plots under water, roads to Camp are washed out....Most of North Fl under a Flash Flood watch. what it like in your Neck of the Woods.

Comment

Don't know about you guys, but "lots of rain" ain't happenin' here! LOL!
        2011 - 60 days of 100°+ days
        17 high temp records broken.
        49 straight days of 100°++ temps.
        14 days of 110°+ temps.
        No rain.
        2012 - 30 days of 100°+ temps.
        No high temp records broken.
        Only 5 110°+ days.
        "Some" rain.
        2013 - 12 100°+ days. So far!
        No temps in excess of 110°. So far!
        July had above average rainfall, but the local reservoir is like 14 feet low!
        One record broken. Lowest high temp for July! 75°!!
        Fawn survival rate is up.

Comment

Around my area of Central Michigan we should have a fairly good year. Anything will have to be better than last year. We had a bad case of EHD last year with no rain at all. This year has been completly different with quite a bit of rain, the lakes and rivers have all gained some water. Crops are all growing very well, with deer slowly starting to fill back in where some many deer were killed off by EHD last year.

Comment

We have had over 40 inches of rain since January 1. Normal for my area would be 48 inches or so for the year. Fawn survival looks good and surprisingly so does turkey poult survival. The mast crop looks to be spotty. Body condition of observed deer is good to very good. If one can find acorns or has productive food plots they will have deer opportunities in mid Georgia.

Comment

It's been a nice lush summer here in PA and my trail cameras tell me the the bucks' antler growth has responded well to it. Can't wait to get on stand, it's looking like a banner year here.

Comment

This weekend we will take some Jon/boats and my Air boat to see what Damage that has been done.Our big lakes are over full down State...and here comes the RAIN.....1 1/2" to day.

Comment

Things are pretty lush here in MN after a very wet spring. Lots of farmers did not get crops in or got in late so the ag land hunting will be a little different. I did see some sign when I was building ground blinds in the last couple weeks.
                  Up North hunting promises to be good and we expanded our food plot just a bit this year. I cleared and seeded another 1/4 ac this weekend and built some more ground blinds there too.
                  It is going to be a buggy early season unless we get a freeze. Skeeters and deerflies are pretty thick.
                  Good hunting to you all.

Comment

MD - Crops are lush and tall. HUGE deer population this season as most of the does seem to have had triplets. Several shooter bucks on cam already. I expect good antler growth, heavy bodies, and plenty of targets.

VA - Oaks look to of had a decent bloom, so maybe a good crop to come. Some big bucks caught on camera already www.deer30outdoors.com/hunting/deer/trail-cam-gallery/ (more 2013 pix at bottom of the page)Hopes are high.

GA - Redlands WMA www.deer30outdoors.com/redlands-wma/ is always high pressure hunting. Although the deer sign is up, bow hunting temps are usually in the 90 degree plus range and an early rifle season gets them running scared. I hope to secure some pvt land hunting this season which may improve my chances.

Comment

My question is will it be cold and snow, or, wet and warm? Wonder what the farmers almanac says?
                      Two seasons ago I was hunting black powder season Jan,2012 in a lightweight shirt jacket.
                      Some years it has been -10.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad