Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have Recently bought a Weaver 3-9 scope and have run into a problem,as soon as i change the power of the scope to something ab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have Recently bought a Weaver 3-9 scope and have run into a problem,as soon as i change the power of the scope to something ab

I have Recently bought a Weaver 3-9 scope and have run into a problem,as soon as i change the power of the scope to something above x4 the crosshairs get blurry and impossible to aim I have a nearly identical scope made by a different company and have never had a problem i have tried adjusting it yet nothing seems to help how do i fix this problem or should i send it back and get it replaced

Sounds like a major problem, I would say send it back.

Comment

Whut Jimbo said!

Comment

Have you focused the ocular lens on the reticle? If not, release the rear lens lock ring and zoom up to 9x and while looking through the scope. Turn the ocular (rear) lens to screw it in or out until you can see the crosshair in its best focus against a white background. Re-tighten the lock ring. Once you do this, it should also be crisp at lower powers of magnification. If this is not the case, take it back. The crosshair on each scope has to be focused for your specific vision.

Comment

Did you buy it NEW or used??....some of the older Weaver scopes had that problem and Weaver will Give you a New one...Send it Back!

Comment

Most likely the ocular lens is out of focus for you. Follow the directions which came with the scope to focus it to your vision.

Comment

I say "All the above"!

Comment

As I waited for my "post" to "post", it dawned on me.
                If the reticle is clear a 3x and 4x and blurry at other powers, then you've got problems that you can't adjust out at home.
                Don't wait! Send 'er back, NOW!

Comment

thanks i have adjusted the ocular lens with no success... But now i know to send it back and get it replaced

Comment

Mr. Hillman,
                    You do well to send it back, and I'm confident Weaver will honor its guarantee. I'd ask you to keep us advised if you are or aren't satisfied with their customer service.

Beekeeper,
                    It's good to see your name again! It seems a while since I've seen your comments on this forum and you've been missed. I hope Life has been good to you.
                    Ed

Comment

Hecho en China....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad