Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conde Nast Traveler just completed its annual Readers' Choice survey of the friendliest cities in the country. Can you guess whi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Jackson MS?

Go to U-Tube and punch in UNEASY RIDER by Charlie Daniels!

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    Jackson MS? Work a lot in that area. Not a good place. Ive had a few cocktails with Ken Stabler myself!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    I know y'all will find this hard to believe, but we used to bust it in all the honky tonks in Columbus, Mississippi ou on "the island" back in the day. The Southernaire Club in the 60's and into the 70?s. Great soul music. Dancing (and fighting). Bob’s Place. Bouncer Joe ‘Cool’. Ken Stabler. Johnny Musso. Vernon Studdard…Big Ben Atkins & The Nomads. Alfred Wright Jr. If you’re in your 50?s (or older), you’ll remember most of these people (or not remember..depending on how much alcohol you consumed during those days).

Some good friendly folks and a few friendly fights!

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Mississippi is a lot like Alabama.

They love a good friendly fight.

If you don't play whup-a$$ with 'em, you'z being unsociable.

Yankees thet go there don't dare go outside unless they'z already bleeding.

Leave a comment:

• Chewylouie
    replied
    2 Are in Mississippi. WoooHoo! I have always know I had a friendly state.

Leave a comment:

• Chewylouie
    replied
    2 Are in Mississippi. WoooHoo! I have always know I had a friendly state.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Back in 2007, Mayor Marion Barry of Washington, D.C., was quoted as saying, "When you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very low crime rate."
    I'm sure the Tourist Board of Trade was happy to see that in print:-)

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    I came close because Hollywood is at least in Charleston county and only about 30 minutes from Charleston the city. So if we had been playing hand grenades..........

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    99 Very True. A lot of guy's don't bring their work home. Even some serial killers live separate lives. And good people live are where you find them.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Carl - Murder rates do not necessarily correlate to unfriendliness. Murderers can be very friendly when they are off duty.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    mike and santa - Correct for the state, but the most friendly city is Charleston, South Carolina.
    Here are the others, ranked in order of friendliness:
    2. Galena, Ill.
    3. Savannah, Ga.
    4. Ashville, N.C.
    5. Austin, Tx.
    6. Natchez, Miss.
    7. Jackson, Miss.
    8. Sonoma, Ca.
    9. Telluride, Colo.
    10. Branson, Mo.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Mayberry?

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    The town I grew up in is named Friendship. Population 1100 winter, 1800 summer. If that many people vacation there in the summer it can't be too awful mean of a place. It's all in a name...

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    I have watched Paula Dean on TV for a number of years and it seems that the people around where she films are the most friendly on the TV, so I would say Hollywood South Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    When my cousin Mark and I graduated from high school we camped out while traveling out west though the northern states and returning home through the southern states.

The nicest people in the world are in the Rocky Mountain States.

I could pick many cities inside the Rockies but I don’t want to hog all the answers.

My pick is Denver.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Real Quiet
    by Pmacc60
    Hey at least your walking ! Lol so you still got a lot of tread on those tires !!...
    Today, 08:29 AM
  • Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by FirstBubba
    I believe the movie "White Christmas" came out in 1954. Bing Crosby did this number in 1942.

Bing Crosby - "White Christmas"...
    Today, 08:26 AM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    Yesterday, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by fitch270
    I don’t feel new again....
    Today, 08:21 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X