Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conde Nast Traveler just completed its annual Readers' Choice survey of the friendliest cities in the country. Can you guess whi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conde Nast Traveler just completed its annual Readers' Choice survey of the friendliest cities in the country. Can you guess whi

Conde Nast Traveler just completed its annual Readers' Choice survey of the friendliest cities in the country. Can you guess which city came in number one?

Ah dunno..

Butt chew can bet it's not in the Northeast!

Last time Ah saw friendly people, it wuz in Cajun Country.

They are very self-assured and fear nothing.

Comment

bayouwoof - correct. There is not one city in the top ten that is in the northeast.

Comment

Savannah, Georgia

Comment

jimbo - Good one. Savannah, Georgia came in third.

Comment

Alright- first things first. There is NO SUCH THING AS A NICE NOR' EAST CITY PERSON!!!! Anyone from the NE who is traditionally supposed to be here, doesn't live in a city. It's even gotten so bad that city folk are moving to the country side and infesting us with their views.... It is ridiculous..... The state of Maine votes liberal because of the implanted city rats, and we as country people will never change that. Our state is forever doomed.

Comment

There are VERY many nice country folk in Maine, were just on edge from fear of being constantly badgered by city folk and being forced out of our "heritaged" ways. And also, southern hospitality only consists outside of the cities in the south. I've lived in Birmingham.... Pure hell...

Comment

Is there a population criteria, like over 100,000 people or something?

Comment

Is there a population criteria, like over 100,000 people or something?

Comment

Jerry - There is no minimum population threshold. So take an educated guess.

Comment

PHW
                      I grew up in B'ham and acknowledge things may have changed since then, but we did not cotton to Yankees and furriners then either.

Comment

I believe surveys rely on who you ask. Statistics rely on the question you ask. That being said according to FBI stats for 2013 per capita. The top 10 murder capitals of the of the U.S. are.

1.Flint Mich.
                        2.Detroit Mich.
                        3.New Orleans La.
                        4.St. Louis Mo.
                        5.Baltimore Maryland
                        6.Birmingham Al.
                        7.Newark N.J.
                        8.Batonrouge La.
                        9.Cleveland Oh.
                        10.Memphis Tenn.

These will shuffle around a little if you throw aggravated assault, rape in the mix but stay within the top 10. So if you want safe come East. If you want friendly WELL?

Comment

im guessing some wherein the carolina's maybe kittyhawk?

Comment

When my cousin Mark and I graduated from high school we camped out while traveling out west though the northern states and returning home through the southern states.

The nicest people in the world are in the Rocky Mountain States.

I could pick many cities inside the Rockies but I don’t want to hog all the answers.

My pick is Denver.

Comment

I have watched Paula Dean on TV for a number of years and it seems that the people around where she films are the most friendly on the TV, so I would say Hollywood South Carolina.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad