Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here still take pictures with the old-timey 35mm SLR film cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here still take pictures with the old-timey 35mm SLR film cameras?

Does anyone here still take pictures with the old-timey 35mm SLR film cameras?

Yes.

Comment

Still have the camera, Ashi Pentax Spotmatic, and all lenses but don't use it any more.

Comment

Yes. My small Minolta has a 10X zoom, fits in a pocket easily, and I can get prints and a disc to put on computer for a very nominal price. So far, getting 35 mm film has not been a problem.

Comment

I have my dad's Nikon and the Ricoh I bought him overseas back in 1973. I have a twin to Ricoh but meter is broken. It came with a fabulous piece of glass - f1.4 55mm. Over there I picked up a 135mm f1.8 telephoto. It is great for low light distance shots. The glass on that thing is enormous. The Ricoh also has a view finder that can be switched from waist level to eye level with turn of a knob. Extremely handy for setting the camera on the hood to get a timer shot of myself and dogs with birds, etc. Don't have to haul around a tripod. Very sad to see that camera become obsolete. They don't make them like that anymore.

Comment

I haven't seen 35 mil. film in I don't know when. As far as Digital goes I'm told the only danger is it's too easy to delete on the spot. You might delete a picture of that trophy Elk that's not perfect and D.B. Cooper might be walking in the back ground.

Comment

"Old Timey"!? Gimme a break 99! LOL!

Yep! Got an old Brownie Target 620 "box" camera. Films getting hard to locate.
              I've got two Pentax K-1000 and a small assortment of lens.
              I've also got a Kodak Z-5010 digital that's capable of way more than I can make it do! LOL!
              I can remember when b&w was developed "in-store" and color had to be shipped. Now, Walgreens developes color "in-store" and b&w has to be shipped. LOL!

With both kids being LEO, they tell me that most LEO's are returning to "film". Much easier historical storage (negative instead of chip) and much, MUCH lower chance of "photo-shopping".

I normally tote the Kodak. It shoots video also. Really neat!

Comment

Never!

Comment

Hi...

Yup...sure do. Got an Olympus I purchased probably thirty years ago. Can easily fit in a front pocket, albeit bulging. Fairly inexpensive. Has close-up and wide angle only, plus a few extras. Takes fine photos. Love it.

Comment

Yes. I still use my Cannon Rebel SLR.

Comment

I still have a perfectly operational Nikon FM2 with motor drive and a few lenses, as well as an original Canon F1 with lenses. The cameras are fine, but there are fewer places to purchase and develop my film! I recently sold a motorcycle and used the proceeds to purchase a Nikon digital SLR, but I've kept the 35mm SLR's I've owned since the '70s.
                      By the way, I also have a pre-WWII Brownie box camera in 620 format that's been in my family since it was purchased (long before I was born) and I'm told film is no longer made for it, but a classic camera enthusiast told me 120/220 film can be "adapted".

Comment

Time and technology wait for no one. My brother had to buy a hand held calculator for a college class in the 70's. It cost several hundred dollars and took 8 double A batteries. Today there as big as a credit card and are solar powered.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad