Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could meet anybody on this site face-to-face who would it be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mspl8sdcntryboy
    replied
    Good going Mr. Palumbo!

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I returned from visiting my son in an adjacent state and I'm a little late getting into this discussion, but I am thankful for the kind comments that have been made. We learn so much of each other by what and how we write, but there is no substitute for good, face-to-face conversation over a campfire, a cup of coffee or a jigger of "group tightener", and I hope for the opportunity to meet some of the folks whose contributions and opinions I've enjoyed.
    Like others, I prefer not to mention the people who I would hope to meet because my list, written too spontaneously, would be woefully incomplete, especially since I'd want to include a name or two I've not seen in a while. As an on-line community with a shared interest in the outdoors, I enjoy the time I spend on this site. I celebrate with those who've had successful hunts, I enjoy the travels you describe, and I laugh at some of the wisecracks that have been made. As time passes, I seem to be doing more and more of less and less, and I gravitate to varminting because I've gotten more opportunities for that in the past several years, but I am thankful for a life as a shooter and I'm glad my son has embraced the shooting sports as well. I hope to read and contribute on this site for a long, long time to come, and I wish all of you continued success in the field, blue skies and warm campfires.
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Everyone on this site seems to have their place- Some as each guru for "their department". some are factual while others opinions are based on experience. Working along side OH and his dogs, pushing up mountian elk with WAM, punching paper at 1000 yds with Dakota or EJP or a big game safari with Happy would all leave me thrilled to have had the chance, but one young guy who never ceases to impress me is Mspl8cd. His wisdom is so far beyond his years that Constanly remind myself of his youth. He'd due to ride the river with any day, but I'm sure most all of you guys would. That's why I'm just happy to have the site, and it wouldn't do to pick any one individual.

Leave a comment:

• wannabe1
    replied
    Just based on his profile pic, Buckhunter. He must be a fine upstanding citizen to have that as his profile pic!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    Edward J. Palumbo. He seems polite and very knowledgable.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    I wanted to meet up with Gunslinger from North Carolina on a trip out to Craig, Colorado but have not heard fomr him in over a year, he had some health issues so I hope he is OK.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I'd thoroughly enjoy meeting any members of this site. We have a great group from novice kids to old timers. I would be immensely honored to meet Happy one day as a special treat. One of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys on here.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Idduckhntr, WAM, Rockysquirrel,
    Thank you for your kind comments. I came upon this site in an interesting fashion. Several years ago, after I had retired, my children and their spouses bought me a computer encouraging me to write about my somewhat adventurous life for my Grandchildren to enjoy . I steadfastly procrastinated this endeavor. One day my Daughter made me sit down and explore several hunting magazine sites to stimulate my computer use. Field & Stream was one of those sites, a magazine I had thought was focused on East Coast Whitetail, turkey, and waterfowl hunting. A comment on rifles by Beekeeper caught my eye, and another by WAM on elk hunting. You have been stuck with me ever since.

I will not mention whom I would like most to meet, because I would leave someone out. Buckhunter and I have gotten together twice, at SCI and Dallas Safari Club. Del and I have spoken several times by phone, he was so kind in letting my family know I had reached Cameroon safely.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Ghost write not Ghost wrote. Duh.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Mr. Happy Myles is the person, I would most like to meet. I would buy him a drink (or more) and could listen to his stories for hours. They don’t make ‘em like that anymore. I wish he would write a book or at least have F&S transcribe his adventures and ghost wrote it for him.

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    By the way in my post it was supposed to say *eight day clock*. I mentioned that I have learned a few things over the years, but typing, spelling, and proof reading were probably not among of them.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Matzek
    replied
    Naturally I mean site not sight

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Matzek
    replied
    Shoot I would meet anybody on here. The first name come to mind is Ontario. If anybody on here wants to take a young energetic guy like me on a trip, when are we leaving?? My mind is open to all the great things the great people on this sight have to teach

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Matzek
    replied
    Shoot I would meet anybody on here. The first name come to mind is Ontario. If anybody on here wants to take a young energetic guy like me on a trip, when are we leaving?? My mind is open to all the great things the great people on this sight have to teach

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad