Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is a better store Bass pro shops or Cabelas

Which is a better store Bass pro shops or Cabelas

I don't like Bass Pro or Gander Mt. You weight all day for Counter Help and take a number to ask a Question....we don,t have a Cabelas..Hope Customer Service is better then the other Two!

Comment

I would say Bass Pro for fishing and Cabela's for Hunting.

Comment

I like cabelas better.

Comment

Cabela's by a long stretch. There aren't any stores down here, but I'm not a big fan of Bass Pro. Cabela's has excellent customer service, their Bargain Cave for great buys and clothing that fits better.

Comment

Kind of a Chevy/Ford question! They are both full of toys for us sportsmen and I have a tough time passing either one. I've bought a lot of merchandise from both. Bass Pro has an outstanding selection of name brand merchandise with tremendous depth in hunting, fishing and archery equipment. Cabela's has similar stock but to me seems a little friendlier and above all I love the Bargain Cave. It makes me pull into every Cabela's I pass just to check for a bargain. I have a tough time leaving there without purchasing a bargain and some other thing or two along the way.

Comment

I have Cabela's brand boots (Iron Ridge hunting boots) that are still wearable after nine years of hard use; I've never bought anything store-brand from Bass Pro that lasted more than a couple years. Their casual clothing line is hardly better than K-mart's. (Now that I think of it, I have K-mart clothes that have lasted longer).

Comment

Big Cabela's fan, bass Pro was OK while I was stuck in south Fla., I am glad to be back in Cabela's land!

Comment

I have only been to one of each, but the Bass Pro I went to was much better than the Cabelas.

Comment

Depends on who has the better sale. They both are basically big box stores for hunting and fishing.

Comment

Depends on who has the better sale. They both are basically big box stores for hunting and fishing.

Comment

I like Bass Pro Cabelas is usually overpriced on items I want to buy. I like my local shops too and probably go to them more.

Comment

Never been to cabela's and I could count on one hand how many times I have been in bass pro. I do enjoy going though because I can "window shop" so to speak. I have a very limited budget. I find about all I need for hunting and fishing I can get at Academy or gander mountain, but mostly academy. They have good prices on guns too.

Comment

The closest Cabela's is six hours away in Montana while the closest Bass Pro is six hours away in Colorado. The drive to Montana is more scenic with less traffic so if I must choose actually going to either big box I'd choose Cabela's. But thanks to the big brown truck I don't have to choose.

Comment

The closest Cabela's is six hours away in Montana while the closest Bass Pro is six hours away in Colorado. The drive to Montana is more scenic with less traffic so if I must choose actually going to either big box I'd choose Cabela's. But thanks to the big brown truck I don't have to choose.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad