Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the poor functionality of this site frustrate you as much as me? I enjoy coming on here and sharing thoughts, ideas, and s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the poor functionality of this site frustrate you as much as me? I enjoy coming on here and sharing thoughts, ideas, and s

Does the poor functionality of this site frustrate you as much as me? I enjoy coming on here and sharing thoughts, ideas, and stories with everyone and reading all of yours. I have learned some new things and gotten some good ideas along the way. BUT, I have a very tough time, usually, getting this page to load in a timely manner. I have a very fast connection, but sometimes the delay is so long, I give up. I know, what do you expect from a free site, and I have been here long enough that its no surprise. But man, F&S; could improve this aspect and make it more enjoyable, thereby gain more users, and generate more sharing. Sorry, just had to vent a little.

A contributor here once voiced his frustration with this site and stated that a certain writer here, along with the other top users, wuza douche bag.

It wuzza mark of distinction.

To become a Field and Stream douche bag, you must wear your skin like iron and endure the critics and the server and the site Nazis.

It will look good on your resume.

Comment

Deer I think it's a case of you get what you pay for. Like 50's TV, Black and White, Small Picture, No Fast Forward and Lot's of Commercials. Other than that you can survive in the system. If you have trouble signing on. Go to the register icon and sign on there. Double post. Watch your activity icon and wait-and wait-and wait. Still don't post hit the refresh or just scroll up and down to wake up the computer gnomes.

Comment

I was going to respond earlier, but the site was too slow - and I got filtered out as possible spam and had to fill out the captcha several times.

Comment

If you go to the Outdoor Life website, it's set-up identical to the F&S site. They are both published by the Bonnier Corp. I used to be a user of both sites til I had issues getting into that site. Maybe the Bonnier Corp. webgeeks should concentrate on 1 site not both. I loved both mags, but aside from certain key contributors, they are the same recycled articles conveniently spaced 1-2 months apart.

Comment

yes it gets frustraiting, but the thing is as you said its free. And I really enjoy almost all of the people on here, and I really respect the knowledge and information that they have and are willing to share so i normaly suffer through it.

Comment

I'm sure all the complaints just add up to more hits to show to their advertisers. So why fix anything? I have always suspected that's why they have never fixed the multiple posting hang ups.

My daughter has complained that while I am on this site the internet cruising speed on her computer/phone is cut in half. She says it ONLY happens when I'm logged onto F&S website. Hmmmm. Is anyone else having people in the same household with similar problems?

Comment

Has anyone ever been on a perfect outdoor website? Is there any out there?

Comment

I really enjoy the posts related to hunting, shooting and fishing. I have also received a lot of helpful advice whenever I asked for it. It really seems like a good group.
                  The site, however, can be a buzzkill when it is acting up. The new trick is to not let me post on anything I really like or feel strongly about, favorite places to hunt, etc.
                  How does it know?

Comment

What I'm seeing a lot these days is posting something and the site just stops. I see the wheel is still spinning ... and spinning ... and spinning. I'll go check my email or something and come back and the wheels are still spinning. I'll copy everything and hit the back button. Then check to see if it posted. Half the time it has, half the time it hasn't.

I know from personal experience it doesn't have to be this way. A local fella who had an outdoors show had a really great website. Very artistic and flawless operation (except for a moderator who went over the edge ... but she was good looking!).

I see a lot of great contributors who get fed up and move somewhere else. Kinda heartbreaking. Guess sometimes I'm just too loyal for my own good. With just a LITTLE BIT of effort this could be an excellent site. Currently I rate it marginal. Perhaps they should poll us on that someday? Hmmm. The fact that they haven't in all these years kinda says something?

Comment

Hey Gary, Don't forget mine www.deer30outdoors.com !

OH - I agree. This site could be awesome. I think there some very good folks here, if it just ran smoother.

Comment

As you can see the road to H#LL is paved with good intentions. Try to say something nice and what happens?

Comment

When I click on the submit button and my comment will not come up just move on to another question. Then go back in five minutes and submitted comment does appear.

Works every time!
                          Be patience!
                          Don’t be trigger happy!

I treat the site like it is a ninety year old person with a cane or walker. It takes time but it will get there. lol

Comment

Gary I hear what your saying. The above happened during repetitive multiple Spam filter.

Comment

One of the reasons the above mentioned site worked so well is because the celebrity farmed out the design and maintenance to a firm that specialized in that. I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes with F&S but too often some businesses wind up putting their kids or family members to work in IT dept and that just doesn't work out. Communications IS THE LIFE BLOOD of any industry today, especially one that is built around it. Nepotism may work fine in the building maintenance department but NOT in the communications maintenance end. Professionals are needed to project as flawless an image as possible. Another problem I see in some of these sites is the objectivity gets lost. Rather than being about projecting an encouraging image it becomes about making money from site sponsors. You'd think the two would work hand in hand but many sponsors really don't seem to pay close enough attention to how the sites are handling their ads. They just look at the hit numbers which in this case can and are falsely manipulated. Another advantage to farming out the site maintenance is the corporate head shed tends to pay more attention to services they are buying as opposed to what they have to pay some employee who may be politically connected and may or may not be doing his/her job. Again, I have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes in this case. However, I think I can safely say if F&S has this site's maintenance contracted out they are getting ripped off majorly.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad