Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eleven eastern states prohibit Sunday hunting. What is your opinion on this blue law? Are you in favor or against Sunday hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleven eastern states prohibit Sunday hunting. What is your opinion on this blue law? Are you in favor or against Sunday hunting

Eleven eastern states prohibit Sunday hunting. What is your opinion on this blue law? Are you in favor or against Sunday hunting? Does your state or province allow Sunday hunting?

In favor.

Comment

In the more populated areas I can see where a blast from a high power would be disturbing to a Sunday service.
      A club I belong to restricts Sunday matches until after noon, out of respect for area services.

Comment

Gary,
        I can see where archery would be a possibility on Sundays.

Comment

Favor it, here in PA the deer need a break and so do we. Hunting today is way more intense and trophy/kill driven than even 20 years ago. A break is good since it should be about the chase in my opinion. Plus letting non-hunters use the game lands on fall Sundays is good for P.R.

Comment

I favor the law not Sunday hunting

Comment

Sunday hunting ain't about hunting.
              When I finally got my drivers license, my folks made me a deal.
              When I got in from school on Friday, I could go to camp and hunt Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon. I could also hunt Sunday morning, but I had to be home in time to go to evening services. My parents were adamant that I spend a portion of Sunday in God's house.
              I don't care if you hunt Sunday, but spend some time Sunday letting God know just how much you appreciate all His blessings.

Comment

Bubba- well said. If you use hunting Sunday's as a crutch to keep you from church, you shouldn't hunt Sunday's. It's written in stone, literally, Remember the Sabath and keep It Holy. However, I don't think I'll ever hunt Sunday's, for fear of it becoming too convenient to avoid the Lords house. By the way, Maine is a no Sunday hunting state, I'm sure, for all the wrong reasons. Dang liberals....

Comment

In my early hunting days, the deer season was only two weeks long, and I could hunt only on weekends. The Lord knew I meant well.

Comment

Thanks for commenting. I gave you all a plus one for taking the time.

I thought the F&S vote tally would go more in favor of Sunday hunting. I guess those eleven eastern states are little more religious then the other states. lol

jhjimbo, archery hunting on Sunday has been legal in New Jersey for the last five years. Nobody in Sunday mass can hear the twang of the bow sting.

Comment

In WV we live in the "Bible Belt" and I have grown up for over 60 years without hunting on Sunday. Growing up without ever hunting on Sunday we never really gave it a thought we just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. In the household I grew up in you were in Sunday School and Church on Sunday morning and no where else. The landowner that I hunt on now even if there was Sunday hunting would not permit it. We have 11 counties out of 55 in the State of WV that allow Sunday hunting on private property but not on the Sundays before big game seasons or during big game seasons.

Comment

Here in Michigan it was a decision that was left up to the counties. When I first started hunting, I think I hunted Sundays for the first 3 yrs. until I finally read it was illegal (oops!). But it happened a lot around these parts until the d.n.r finally made a point to put it in the books. Now it has been defeated by the people in the November votes. I love this country.

Comment

I have no objections to it.....but i believe that it should most likely be for archery.....as the boom from a 30-06 might make a few choir folks jump. Maryland allows Sunday hunting for bow-hunters.
                          -Jack

Comment

Asking as little league baseball and youth soccer is banned, I'm ok with it. I only hunt on Sunday on out of town trips. Waterfowl hunting is on Sundays after church, except the last Sunday in January which is the last day of the season and a tradition of our hunting gang.

Comment

As long as....
                              Damned iPad

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad