Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .30-40 Krag vs .303 British.

.30-40 Krag vs .303 British.

First rifle I hunted with was a 30-40 Krag. Power about the same as the.303 British.

Comment

I really have no experience with either of those, but I know a man who will swear by the .303 as a excellent round.

Comment

Both the .30-40 and the .303 British are excellent deer cartridges; however, I'm considering this from a handloader's perspective, and there are many more bullet options for the .30-40.
        I owned a .303 British, and I've worked with a Ruger #3 in .30-40. The Ruger #3 (since discontinued) was relatively light and recoiled briskly, but it was a pleasure to reload that cartridge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
          by PigHunter
          Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
          Today, 06:44 PM
        • How do you fly ?
          by jhjimbo
          Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
          Today, 04:18 PM
        • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
          Today, 06:35 PM
        • Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
          08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
        • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
          Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X