Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should a mojo battery typically run on a full sized bird with metal wings before it runs out of juice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should a mojo battery typically run on a full sized bird with metal wings before it runs out of juice?

How long should a mojo battery typically run on a full sized bird with metal wings before it runs out of juice?

It has been several years since I used a mojo, but as I recall, they would make it through a morning hunt with no problem, about 6 hours, but would die in the early afternoon if I tried to hunt all day.

Comment

My Mojo lasts about the same as Greenhead mentioned, but it is a year old and the battery is still fresh. I imagine after another year or two it will be half that. Also buy the one with a remote or buy the remote add on and it will extend your battery life instead of letting it run all the time. In my area I hunt the ducks and geese come in waves so I know when I can shut it off. I normally get a good flight of ducks from 7ish to about 8:30 and then they die off. At about 9:00 we get the geese flying until 10:30 and then the ducks will fly again from that point for another half hour. This has been the pattern for the last 3 years so the remote is a good investment for me, but maybe not you.

Comment

Dcast, I have one with a remote which is good because I'm in the same situation your in. I don't know if you remember but a few months ago I bought an old mojo from 2002 that didn't run with the intentions of fixing it myself to save money. Well I finally got it running for about half the price of a new mojo. The battery on the otherhand has had minimal if any use but is still over 10 years old. This old battery only runs for about 45 minuets. Now I've heard that using metal wings can use up your battery quicker so I didn't know if it would be best to get plastic wings or a new battery. I don't think metal wings would take over 6 times the battery use that plastic wings would so I'm assuming it needs a new battery.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad