Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the things I learned while living in the south is that a possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road. A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the things I learned while living in the south is that a possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road. A

One of the things I learned while living in the south is that a possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road. Are there any more southern thangs we should all know?

"Ya'll" is singular, and "All Ya'll" is plural.

Comment

The phrase "Bless your heart" might not necessarily be a term of endearment.

Comment

Of course!

We spray paint the dead armadillos in the road on the way to town, and then pick up the ones with no paint on the way home and cook them.

What's the difference between a Yankee and a dam Yankee?

Yankees come down for a while and then go back up Nawth.

Dam Yankees come down and stay!

How are dam Yankees like hemorrhoids?

They come down, hang around, and they're a pain in the azz.

Comment

My favorite animal located in the south is the Florida Panther. The panther is the most endangered of all Florida's symbols is its "state animal", the panther was chosen in 1982 by a vote of students throughout the state.

The Florida Panther is a large, long-tailed, pale brown cat that grows to six feet or longer. Its habitat is usually the same as that of the white-tailed deer, which is its main diet.

The panther has been protected from legal hunting in Florida since 1958. It has been on the federal endangered species list since 1967 and on the state's endangered list since 1973.

With all the trail cam photos taken of the Florida Panther in the fall and spring trail cam contest, I hope their population comes back at full strength.

Comment

armadillos are meant to be run over.

Comment

Being "rich" means the wheels and axles have been removed from your new house.
              Your belt buckle can double as a serving tray.
              Your one year old son has more teeth than you do, and chews just as much Mailpouch!
              "Designated Driver" means you finally got YOUR license....back!

Read Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might Be A Redneck" series.
              All "rednecks" may not live in the south, but most "rednecks" live in the south.....just not necessarily in a "house"! LOL

Comment

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?
                A. To show the armadillos that it can be done!

Comment

You might be a redneck if your version of fast food is hitting a deer at 65 mph.

Comment

Ah might be a redneck, then.

He stepped out from behind a rock while Ah had tail gatorz rot on mah a$$ and he wus so big thet Ah couldn't see if ennybuddy wuz coming the other way, so...

Comment

10 miles under the speed limit is the norm.

Anyone north of Sherman's March is a yankee (even though I grew up south of the Mason Dixon and lived in southwest VA for 11 yrs before moving to GA)

Its hot and humid as hale.

palmetto bugs are giant American cockroaches measuring up to 3" long wandering around your yard/house at night

armadillos are nature's speed bumps

Krusty - when I moved down, I was told that "Yall" is southern and "Ya'll" is what "those dang Yankees try to say" lol

Comment

I was born in the southern State of Alabama, in the southern county of Baldwin, in the southern city of Foley, on the SOUTH side of town in a little hospital above the drug store on the SOUTH corner of hi-way fifty nine and ninety eight. I was born in the South wing on the South side of the delivery room. So I think I stared out in the South. As I grew up, my mother had brothers (my uncles) NORTH of us in a little town called Loxley Alabama. Loxley was just a few miles NORTH of US hi-way 90. We had to cross US hi-way 90 to visit my uncles, so I thought "up north" was anywhere north of US hi-way 90. So,... to me, US hi-way 90 was the Mason Dixon line and anybody north of it was a Yankee. (For those of you that are not familiar with south Alabama, interstate 10 roughly follows the path of US 90 across the south). By the way, I was told that my belly button was where the Yankees shot me so I did not care for them from an early age. But when I grew up and moved away from home, I moved twenty miles further south to the beaches at Orange Beach Alabama. To do this I had to cross the inter-coastal canal on an old bridge which had to swing to the side in order for tugboats to pass. I quickly learned from the locals down there that since I had come from north of the canal, I was a Yankee to them.

99 and bayouwoof, armadillo is really just opossum on the half shell.

Comment

Santa -

Ma ole daddy wuzza huge fan of Robin Hood.

Thet's whut he named his sailboat.

So he always hadda drive through Loxley on the way to Orange Beach.

Ah wood say something about the escaped armadillos from the government's leprosy research facility in Louisiana, butt Ah nose it wood only trigger a re-release of all the brainwashing that was part of the ensuing cover-up.

The government was just as dishonest and abusive then, only the employees in the spotlight had not yet presented the cynical side they're showing us today!

Comment

Even if you aren't from the South, you've gotta love GRITS---(Girls Raised In The South.)

Comment

The SOUTH is below the Mason/Dixon Line. Missouri is NORTH of the Mason/Dixon Line. Therefore Missouri is NOT a Southern state. Just thought I would clear that up for ya'll. Just a humble Arkansas Ozark Mountains hillbilly born and bred.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad