Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any wild game or fish you dislike or just don't care for it at the dinner table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gm.blankenship
    replied
    There is a place at the table for all God's critters right next to the taters & cornbread

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    dove, duck, and goose come to mind when speaking of game i dont like to eat. then again dove hunting is illegal in my state, i dont hunt ducks, and hunt geese a few times per year and donate those kills to buddies that enjoy eating it. im a huge turkey hunter but not a fan of the meat. however i have found that smoked wild turkey can be delicious if prepared right so thats what i do with mine.

on another note i think elk is probably the best wild game i have ever had.

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    I've never been a fan of bear. The bear I've had was greasy and stringy. So, I'll keep the truce and not hunt bear as long as the bear don't hunt me.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkghost
    replied
    Keep Buffalo fish off the menu for me. If not cooked right it can make you deathly ill. Come to think of it keep all rough fish off the menu for me. Catfish is the only exception. Love catfish.

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    Ill pretty much eat anything that doesn't eat me first! LOL Had a fantastic bowl of Menudo Sunday! the Tripe was prepared perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I don't like Swamp Chicken(Frog legs)I have tried them many ways(Yuck)I do like Gator Back strap & bits..Grouse is my #1 Bird(going to N.Carolina this year for some Grouse Hunting)Smoked Mullet is one fine tasting Fish, We have all types of Fish here its all good & Fresh.

Leave a comment:

• jdwood
    replied
    Any fish originating from saltwater and not being found at the market in a state that borders the ocean. I grew up on the ocean and fish sold anywhere inland is just awful, it loses too much of its freshness in transport.

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    I'm with woof on the mackerel, except I also like it grilled hot and fast.

Anybody else having this post come up in different font than the rest of the site?

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Mackeral that wuz not caught same day.

Mackeral that wuzzn't skint and the lateral sense organ not removed.

Mackeral cooked any way except Southern Fried.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Gotta go with the duck. Also largemouth bass in the summertime, unfornatly bass not legal between Labor Day and Memorial Day.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I once liked the flavor of anchovies so much, I ordered an anchovy sandwich.
    The waitress warned me it would be too salty. but I didn't listen.
    She was right! I couldn't finish it.

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    I am really picky about the way whitetail deer is prepared. I enjoy the taste of grilled backstraps and will eat my weight in jerky, but other than that, prefer recipes like chili, sausage and spaghetti sauce that cover up the flavor. You can keep the deer burgers or pot roast.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    My least favorite fish is salmon but I still eat it.
    Not a huge fan of duck.
    Otherwise just about any game I have had that was well cared for after the kill was delicious. Moose is my personal favorite though I have yet to shoot one.
    Some seem to lend themselves to a particular style of preparation. I find bear is best in stew and sausage. Deer in steaks and chili. Most birds in casseroles/hot dishes/soup. Careful cooking seems to be the key. It is easy to dry it out.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    I just remember another one.
    How can anyone like the taste of "anchovies" on a pizza?

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I'm not saying baked fish is bad, i don't care for baked fish!
    Heaven only knows how many fish sticks I've consumed!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad