Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any wild game or fish you dislike or just don't care for it at the dinner table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any fish originating from saltwater and not being found at the market in a state that borders the ocean. I grew up on the ocean and fish sold anywhere inland is just awful, it loses too much of its freshness in transport.

Comment

I don't like Swamp Chicken(Frog legs)I have tried them many ways(Yuck)I do like Gator Back strap & bits..Grouse is my #1 Bird(going to N.Carolina this year for some Grouse Hunting)Smoked Mullet is one fine tasting Fish, We have all types of Fish here its all good & Fresh.

Comment

Ill pretty much eat anything that doesn't eat me first! LOL Had a fantastic bowl of Menudo Sunday! the Tripe was prepared perfectly.

Comment

Keep Buffalo fish off the menu for me. If not cooked right it can make you deathly ill. Come to think of it keep all rough fish off the menu for me. Catfish is the only exception. Love catfish.

Comment

I've never been a fan of bear. The bear I've had was greasy and stringy. So, I'll keep the truce and not hunt bear as long as the bear don't hunt me.

Comment

dove, duck, and goose come to mind when speaking of game i dont like to eat. then again dove hunting is illegal in my state, i dont hunt ducks, and hunt geese a few times per year and donate those kills to buddies that enjoy eating it. im a huge turkey hunter but not a fan of the meat. however i have found that smoked wild turkey can be delicious if prepared right so thats what i do with mine.

on another note i think elk is probably the best wild game i have ever had.

Comment

There is a place at the table for all God's critters right next to the taters & cornbread

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad