Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any wild game or fish you dislike or just don't care for it at the dinner table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any wild game or fish you dislike or just don't care for it at the dinner table?

Is there any wild game or fish you dislike or just don't care for it at the dinner table?

I didn’t care for duck it seem very greasy.
    I hope this comment doesn't upset the duck hunters.

Comment

Pheasant seems to come out too dry for my taste, unless it is covered with some kind of cream sauce.

Comment

If insects qualify, I do not think I could eat them. I don't care if they are chocolate covered or fried in garlic butter. Not my idea of a meal.

Comment

Forget sushi! I don't eat fishbait! LOL!
          I don't care for roasted duck. Break it down and put it in the dressing is fine.
          I don't care for venison roast, just too dry.
          I want my salmon "done"! To heck with Ramsey and his "pink in the middle"!
          Baked fish is just wrong!
          Don't "fry" salmon! (Yuck!)
          Don't "grill" white fish! (Again! Yuck!)
          My dad absolutely "LOVED" buffalo (the fish, not the beast!) ribs. That was the "nastiest" thing I ever tried to eat except fish gravy! Bleech!

Comment

First bubba i dont know how you bake your fish but baked fish is amazing.

Comment

I dont really care for Pike.

Comment

I'm not saying baked fish is bad, i don't care for baked fish!
                Heaven only knows how many fish sticks I've consumed!

Comment

I just remember another one.
                  How can anyone like the taste of "anchovies" on a pizza?

Comment

My least favorite fish is salmon but I still eat it.
                    Not a huge fan of duck.
                    Otherwise just about any game I have had that was well cared for after the kill was delicious. Moose is my personal favorite though I have yet to shoot one.
                    Some seem to lend themselves to a particular style of preparation. I find bear is best in stew and sausage. Deer in steaks and chili. Most birds in casseroles/hot dishes/soup. Careful cooking seems to be the key. It is easy to dry it out.

Comment

I am really picky about the way whitetail deer is prepared. I enjoy the taste of grilled backstraps and will eat my weight in jerky, but other than that, prefer recipes like chili, sausage and spaghetti sauce that cover up the flavor. You can keep the deer burgers or pot roast.

Comment

I once liked the flavor of anchovies so much, I ordered an anchovy sandwich.
                        The waitress warned me it would be too salty. but I didn't listen.
                        She was right! I couldn't finish it.

Comment

Gotta go with the duck. Also largemouth bass in the summertime, unfornatly bass not legal between Labor Day and Memorial Day.

Comment

Mackeral that wuz not caught same day.

Mackeral that wuzzn't skint and the lateral sense organ not removed.

Mackeral cooked any way except Southern Fried.

Comment

I'm with woof on the mackerel, except I also like it grilled hot and fast.

Anybody else having this post come up in different font than the rest of the site?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by rock rat
                                Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                                Today, 10:59 AM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by dewman
                                Had a big long post typed half dozen times but I just won't discuss losing my dogs. Doubt I ever will. I know what you're feeling, I am sorry for your...
                                Today, 10:55 AM
                              • More Bad News....
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by jhjimbo
                                So sorry for your loss....
                                Today, 10:40 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X