Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivia Time-After drinking giardia infected water, what type of virgin or extra virgin oil can you use to kill the evil protazoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia Time-After drinking giardia infected water, what type of virgin or extra virgin oil can you use to kill the evil protazoa

Trivia Time-After drinking giardia infected water, what type of virgin or extra virgin oil can you use to kill the evil protazoa? No peaking please.

Maybe a big dose of Castor Oil, that will clean everything out, big time.

Comment

My guess is Extra Virgin olive oil??

Comment

Llamblia Giardia is a "cyst" that exists in the gut of warm blooded animals. It's most prevalent in "pristine" mountain streams out west where it gained the moniker "Beaver Fever".
        Expelled in a host's feces, it's ingested by whatever drinks from the stream. The cyst is then dissolved by stomach acid, releasing the giardia.
        Diarrhea, stomach cramps, dehydration and fever soon follow!
        Chlorine, the standard water disinfectant, has no effect on giardia,. The cyst has to be removed by filtration.
        As far as I know, there is no "cure". I suppose the mineral oil "cleanse" would help. But it won't "cure" the problem!

Comment

The doctors will put you through a regimen of several different chemical treatments. I survived my episode with that evil beast ... but barely. I was weak as a kitten for two weeks but eventually snapped out of it. I suspect the little buggers had something to do with my perpetually trim figure though. I did not get a fever nor do I recall that being a symptom. Worst part is I contracted it about thirty miles in at my early elk hunting camp and temps were in the nineties. Getting sucked dry inside and out. I really was concerned I wouldn't get out of there. If I hadn't been sitting on one of my horses (and also sh*tting on her too), I know I would not have made it back to the truck. Too bad I had to check out. At night the bulls were bugling my horses picketed across the creek. Had to bring them in to camp or risk getting them killed.

Comment

a week's worth of Metronidazole will "cure" about 90% of the poor bastids that catch the little critters. Best is to not catch it in the first place. Forget any alcohol while on the medication though.

Comment

Well since none of you got it right I guess i'll go ahead and tell. The correct answer is coconut oil. Here's a couple of articles about it.

www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/coconut_oil_facts.html

www.makecoconutnotfat.com/coconut-oil-for-giardia-yep-thats-right/

Comment

That coconut oil seems like great stuff according to your info provided, right up there with snake oil!

Comment

Yeah! And asparagas cures cancer too!
                  It's not that coconut oil won't help cause heaven only knows when I got it, I'd have probably chugged gasoline to kill the little ba$tards!
                  Nasty, nasty stuff!

Comment

Here's some articles about the health benefits of coconut oil from Dr. Joseph Mercola if you did not believe the other ones.

www.articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/22/coconut-oil-and-saturated-fats-can-make-you-healthy.aspx

www.articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/09/13/coconut-oil-part-three.aspx

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by PigHunter
                      I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
                      Today, 02:16 PM
                    • Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                      Today, 12:21 PM
                    • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                      by fitch270
                      I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                      Today, 01:40 PM
                    • 300 yard .22lr
                      by jhjimbo
                      Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                      Today, 11:28 AM
                    • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                      Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X