Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you serve, or have served, in our military and what branch were you in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you serve, or have served, in our military and what branch were you in?

How many of you serve, or have served, in our military and what branch were you in?

Ah served in the Air Force as a Civilian.

It wuz involuntary servitude, and Ah wuzza mercenary; at least thet's whut people told me.

Mebbe Ah wuz just a little bit of a hellrazzor when Ah wuz young.

Butt Ah went to electrical engineering school at age 30 at the University of Sowfallabammy and finished second in mah class and studdied readin, writin, and fightin and sent out mebbe 5,000 resumes and couldn't git no job except at Eglin Air Force Base, FL where Ah wuz involved in smort weapons technology research and development and managed the deveopment of compact solid-state laser radar from concept to captive flight testing and it wuz forbidden to do thet and Ah took a lotta punishment 24/7, serving as a lightning rod for The Patriots cuz it wood be The End for somebuddy in uniform to step out of line like thet and ended up getting every honor, award, and promotion up to and including a GS-13 Federal Executive position until Ah got poisoned and hadda quit.

The defense contracting establishment nevva forgave me for that and Ah wuz blacklisted and nevva got any medical treatment or a real job afterward. Knowing they wuz going to do thet, Ah gave 'em mah best Doc Holladay routine and nobuddy evva whupped mah a$$ cuz to try it wood be suicide to try and evvabuddy knew Ah wuz JamesFrigginBond with a Southern accent. Ah hadda buy mah own gun.

Ah went Out West with a travel trailer to die and hadda great time huntin and fishin everywhere Ah went and ended up in Washinton State where Ah could catch some Salmon and Steelhead and hunt Elx. Turned out the Duck Huntin wuz the best in the US.

Ah served aza patriot to the death. Don't gimme no $hit about not wearin no uniform unless ye are missing an arm or a leg!

Comment

Air Force 1966 medic

Comment

U.S. Marine Corps - active 1964-68, reserve 1973-75 and 1984-86.

Comment

U.S. Army 1969 - 1977. U.S. Navy 1982-1998. Ran out of time to join the Marines....

Comment

U.S.Army 1964-1967

Comment

US Army military police corps

Comment

My great grandfather was U.S army corps and was a reservist when they changed the name to air force. He flew 6 missions and my great grandfathers son my grandfather was army during Vietnam. He flew helicopters for the army and my grandfathers son my uncle went into the marines and my aunt married a marine. So you could say that the military runs in my family.

Comment

oh and my grandfather was in the 101st Airborne A.K.A Screaming Eagles or as known in Vietnam screaming chickens. Oh and I want to either be a Marine or a pilot in the Air Force

Comment

USCG 72 - 76

Comment

US Army Reserve and active duty, 1980 to 2002.

Comment

gator fan,
                        There's a bunch of 101st vets that will turn you over their knee and spank your bottom then wash your mouth out with Octogon Soap for your childish comment. You have to earn the right to poke fun at any outfit and you have not done that. The question was who has served. Thank your relatives for their service and don't think anyone cares that you are honking someone else's horn. Answer the question, no crowing from a pullet allowed.

Comment

To any who may have been offended by my comment in regards to the screaming eagles being referred to by the people of Vietnam as screaming chickens, it was never my intent to "poke fun at" or offend any one. I have the utmost respect for each and every one of you who served in the 101st. My grandfather who was in the 101st gave me that information and in no way was it ever conveyed that it would be offensive. It was my understanding that the Vietnam people simply did not know what an eagle was and called it a chicken, but still saw the 101st as a group to be contended with.

Comment

U.S. Marine Corps 2002-2006, Military Contractor 2006-20

Comment

US Army, Infantry

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                I haven't "packed in" anywhere to go hunting since maybe 1987. But I still shoot a deer every year. Though not over a feeder.

Today, 04:28 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by crm3006
                                From # 1 Bubba- HEY!!! MOTORMOUTH!!!!
                                Too chicken s#¡t to take my bet?

Yep, he is, # 1 Bubba. Just a Canajan phony with a hot keyboard...
                                Today, 04:20 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                Ya know bhr!
                                I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
                                Today, 03:57 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X