Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 4th of July is rapidly approaching so what have you all got planed to cook for the big feast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we got a little fire meal called "poor mans lobster melt butter in a pan, throw on some lawry salt, delicous

Comment

Beekeeper, my old computer crashed a short while back and I was offline for a few weeks until I picked up the one I am using now. The speed of my old computer was like driving a Volkswagon Bug in a world where everyone else was driving a Ferrari but I was used to it and it served me well for over ten years. Now this yard sale special, a speedy old sloth still running on XP, that I picked up to get me by, makes my old computer look like a jackrabbit. Sad part to this story is that I lost all my old email address and contacts including yours when the my old hard drive committed suicide.

The alligator meat came from the first night of last season north of the causeway. It was 13"3" and I had nothing to do with hunting it and killing it. I was just at a friends farm the morning of the kill when the person who killed the gator, who was also a friend of the farmer, pulled up in front of the barn and asked if he could lift the gator out of his boat with the farm's tractor/front end loader and then use the farm compressor to help skin it. He just wanted the skin so I ended up with two hams and some backstrap. The farmer ended up with the other hams and tail. After I tried to cook a piece of the ham, I found it to be so tough that the rest of my hams got ground up into sausage. The sausage was even a little chewy but good. Upon giving the farmer a taste of the sausage he ponied up his two hams and the tail to be ground into sausage also but he wanted to add some feral hog to the mixture so he also supplied the pork. With the addition of the pork fat, the sausage ended up much better. Now I plan to cook the back strap (there is nothing tender about it so it can not in truth be called tenderloin) for the fourth just so those sharing the feast with me can say that they have ate gator.

Comment

Hey, Santa. If you still have my phone number text me your new email. I need a fishin report!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad