Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the purpose of gaining points and stars, do they have any meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Stars? Hmmm, a bronze one, 2 gold ones on msm, 3 copper ones on a campaign ribbon, 3 gold ones on nam. Do oak leaf clusters count too?

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    Dang it Country Road, I let the cat out of the bag didn't I? Should know better.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Its not so much Stars or Points its the Knowledge we all Gain on this site.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    Ozark, early in my marriage, my wife observed that my mouth should be a "registered weapon". I've learned to exercise better fire discipline in 31 years!

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    Ozark, early in my marriage, my wife observed that my mouth should be a "registered weapon". I've learned to exercise better fire discipline in 31 years!

Leave a comment:

• ozarkghost
    replied
    The wife says I am a five star a$$, does that count?

Leave a comment:

• TAM9492
    replied
    A majority of the answers to this post came from 5-star folk. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWhitetail
    replied
    Just to the right of "Good Comment?"

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I have no idea where to punch the "like" button. Does it have something to do with facebook? I'm not into the facebook thing. I feel I have to limit my social networking or I might get totally absorbed like so many young people I see today.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    They indicate a measure of participation, not credibility or factual contribution. For many who join the forum and want to accrue "points", they frequently make inane or monosyllabic comments, try to trigger responses with common or controversial questions, or simply agree with a previous comment without adding an insight or opinion. I should add, if you agree with what someone has written, simply use the "Yes" tab where you see "Good comment?".
    The objective of participating in this forum is to share information, to learn from others and to share your knowledge or experience with others. You will probably generate favorites, men and women who genuinely have something to share or express themselves well. It's not a competition. Read, share and enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    Chuckles, I thought we were keeping that to ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Woods Walker
    replied
    Thanks for asking - it has generated some great tongue-in-cheek humor.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    We should drop the stars and have a running tally for likes. If my information is correct, tree stand has 12,000+ likes and 99 has 13,000+ likes. Very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    They are the only true measure of a man.

Leave a comment:

• Hobob
    replied
    Stars mean number of posts no more no less. And maybe a chance to test gear someday but don't hold your breath. Lots of good info here though.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad