Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the purpose of gaining points and stars, do they have any meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the purpose of gaining points and stars, do they have any meaning?

What is the purpose of gaining points and stars, do they have any meaning?

They have no meaning and provide no advantage.

Comment

Basically, the stars are to see how knowledgeable you are and your level of outdoor hunting, fishing and shooting experiences. And also, how willing you are to share that information in an intelligent way with others.

Comment

I dunno jimbo! I've seen some awfully questionable "5 Star" posts!
        You know. The kind that make you scratch your head and say, "Huh?"!

Stars are squat! I've had 5 a lot longer than I had 1, 2, 3 OR 4!
        Points? Worth even less I suppose? There is no "point" catalogue to chose from. No redemption center.
        I don't know of anybody who's gotten the first point for a "gear review".
        But check anybody's "profile". The category is there!
        Where does one sign up?
        Points is points and stars is stars.

Comment

If points and stars are worthless, then why is everbody getin' in a tadoo over what dallas did?

Comment

I've been here since late '06 or early '07.
            414970 points and counting.
            Five Star "rating"?
            Over 3k replies on Answers and over 4k posts on the Message Boards.
            Absolutely NO reason for the "to-do" (other than personal) for D. Mc.
            Come up with a new log in and password and that problem is solved!
            Stars and points? So what? Start over! It's not like you're losing anything worthwhile.

Comment

Points and stars help to decide who gets selected to do field tests of products. You can get the info about them from your profile page.

Comment

Ozarkghost has the right idea

Comment

Dang---and all this time I thought I was getting points toward a ride on the Starship Enterprise. What am I going to do with that space suit I ordered on E bay?

Comment

You guys are all wrong. It is the ONLY way to tell the difference between a regular and a troll. If you don’t know what a troll is you haven’t been here long enough.

Comment

Yeah, and we've had some "trolls" hanging on here for a loooong time!

Comment

Stars have no bearing on idiotic posts or quality advice. Who even cares about stars? Just an indication that someone has been on here a while, good, bad, or indifferent....

Comment

I need all the points and stars I can get, because I am not a stud muffin, and have to compensate for that in my limited way. Now, do you feel better?

Comment

Anybody who has been an active user on this site for three or four years must have learned something just by reading, even if he didn't know anything when he started out.

Comment

Stars mean number of posts no more no less. And maybe a chance to test gear someday but don't hold your breath. Lots of good info here though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad