Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stopped by the sporting goods dept. at my local WalMart this afternoon, and surprisingly, there were a few boxes of .380 ACP o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stopped by the sporting goods dept. at my local WalMart this afternoon, and surprisingly, there were a few boxes of .380 ACP o

I stopped by the sporting goods dept. at my local WalMart this afternoon, and surprisingly, there were a few boxes of .380 ACP on the shelf, along with some .30-06 and .270 ammo. The tide may be turning, and we will soon be seeing half-price sales on ammo. What do you think?

There were also a few boxes of 7mm Rem Mag on the shelf, but they've been there quite a while, along with some shotgun shells, but no .22LR ammo.

Comment

99 I think you are correct. With all the hoarding and panic buying I would say that some guy's won't need ammo for awhile.

Comment

I was at the gun shop a few hours ago and they had a half table full of boxes and boxes of .223. tons of it! still .22lr is scarce but not as scarce as it was. the owner came up to me when I was looking at the .223 and asked what I was looking for. I asked if they had .22 and he said no, that's the one thing you cant find. little while later an employee handed me a box of 50. must have been hiding behind some stuff. it is getting better!

Comment

My wife had to go to Wy for work yesterday and on the way stoped in a sporting goods store and bless her heart thought she would bring home some 22 ammo. She does not know about the state of 22 ammo and paid $45 for 325 rnds.

Comment

I just picked up 2 bricks (350 each) of FEDERAL match grade at 22lr at wally-mart. I don;t remember the price but it wasn’t outlandish. Those 2 will hold me for while. Was at Disks yesterday and they had few boxes left. Clerk told me they get regular shipments, It just gets sucked up fast. I have all I need for this year.

Comment

Me and my father just bought 300 rounds each of .223 .

Comment

Perhaps things are improving. I cannot recall any time in the past that this situation has been so pronounced and has lasted so long. Many of my preferred components have been chosen after careful experimentation, and the rifle & pistol bullets I rely on have vanished from the shelves. I look forward to seeing them again, because it has affected my practice sessions.

Comment

our local wal-mart has always had 30-06, .270, and .308's But that's it! not to mention a box of Fed Prem. 30-06 at $45! I don't think we will see a turn around just yet.

Comment

I was in my local Cabala's the other day and they had plenty of .223, no .22lr though. The dept. manager said he is now getting ammo almost everyday, I think by September(if the clowns in D.C. don't screw it up) it will be O.K.

Comment

I was able to find 9mm at Walmart the other day!

Comment

In California I haven't been able to find bricks of 22 lr however I have noticed a lot more rifles in the gun store. A month or so ago they were holding lotteries for the chance to buy an AR now they have used AR's for sale at reasonable prices! May be the first step toward normalcy.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad