Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here have concealed carry firearms insurance? I see that the NRA is offering an Excess Personal Liability coverage t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here have concealed carry firearms insurance? I see that the NRA is offering an Excess Personal Liability coverage t

Does anyone here have concealed carry firearms insurance? I see that the NRA is offering an Excess Personal Liability coverage that includes criminal and civil defense costs.

It appears that a $100,000 policy with a limit of $50,000 for criminal defense reimbursement is available for $165 per year. You can select your own lawyer, but you must be found not guilty or have the charges dropped to collect.

Comment

I have a 'master' liability policy of $1 million but i do not think it would cover defense cost. It is about $225 per year.

Comment

I have the NRA policy and my gun club has it for all the members.

Comment

I think the coverage for the cost of attorneys' fees for legal defense against the criminal charges would be the most important part, even in states having the Castle Doctrine supposedly in effect.
          Look at George Zimmerman for a case in point.

Comment

Read the fine print. Many years ago the NRA started offering cancer insurance in ads in the American Rifleman. The policy wasn't worth the paper it was written on and I called them on it. They eventually admitted it was just a cash cow but went with the old excuse that it's okay because any way to raise money to protect guns is okay. I promptly pulled my membership!

Comment

Honker - I think you should have cancelled your cancer policy and retained your membership in the NRA.
              They don't underwrite the insurance. They just endorse the product, which in this case is written by an A-rated insurance company.
              The NRA once accepted advertising in The American Rifleman for a hearing aid that I found to be unsatisfactory. I was disappointed, but did not blame the NRA for my mistake.

Comment

In the cancer insurance example I cited, the NRA endorsed a scam. They chose to take advantage of the membership and I chose not to be associated with an outfit that does that. Some of the ads I see in F&S are pretty repulsive to me. But they don't put the F&S brand on the products either. It's just ad space. Never good business to sell ad space to scamsters but it happens a lot. Especially in more of the lower end publications. Hopefully you wrote to NRA and told them you were dissatisfied with the hearing aid.

Comment

There is only one gun owner in the entire world who would have the nerve to throw the NRA under the bus.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad