Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

funny story: I know this isn't a question but I was reminded tonight of a comment made a few years ago that made me laugh out l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GERG
    replied
    Bubba you were too hunting! Two legged deer!!! Sound like you filled your tag too!! LOL Common sense aint so common. I have a niece that wouldnt eat venison because I killed it. Guess she thought Burger came off the burger tree!!??

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    BTW, good looking and knockout bod! (she wore pink hotpants and bright yellow earrings! We didn't do much hunting!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I took my girlfriend hunting. The road to camp was cut through some heavy timber. The landowner took advantage of those openings to hay his cattle.
    On the way in, we encountered several cows and one range bull munching hay in the middle of the road. As I eased forward and the sea of beef parted, she began frantically rolling her window up while yelling, "ROLL YOUR WINDOW UP! ROLL YOUR WINDOW UP!"
    "Why?" I asked.
    DON'T YOU SEE ALL THOSE BULLS?"
    I may not have a degree in Agriculture, but I DO know the difference between a steer, bull or cow, so I calmly asked, "Which ones are bulls?"
    To my surprise, (and delight!) she explained, "All those with horns are bulls!"
    Thankfully, I'm NOT married to THAT one! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Thanks i needed a laugh. Reminds me of a similar joke about a city dweller(or flatlander) who walks into a redneck bar and asks the locals where to go hunting to kill a big buck... The locals laugh after he leaves, headed towards the nearest "deer xing" sign under their advice, only to return an hour later... "Can someone show me how to gut this thing?"

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    My wife tells the story that when she was learning to read, her older brother was driving her somewhere when the saw a road sign that said "SLOW CHILDREN" and she commented that she thought that was so mean to tell everyone about those kids problems.

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    My wife tells the story that when she was learning to read, her older brother was driving her somewhere when the saw a road sign that said "SLOW CHILDREN" and she commented that she thought that was so mean to tell everyone about those kids problems.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Linda Greenlaw (the lady swordboat captain in "The Perfect Storm")tells a story in one of her books about storing her lobster-traps in the trees by her house in the off-season. One day she was out there puttering with them when a couple of tourists came walking by and thought she was setting them. I've heard of crawdads traveling over land on occasion, but never lobsters.

Leave a comment:

• DEER30
    replied
    I don't know about those other stories, but I was present when mine occured. Some may be pranks, but this poor woman seemed sincere.

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    Paraphrasing Ron White, doctors can re-attach fingers, they can take arteries out of your leg to repair your heart, but the one thing they can not do is fix stupid!

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    The summer people here in Maine often come down to the lobster warfs and tell us that it's nice that we park all our boats in the same direction for their photo opps, they don't realize that it's the tide and wind swinging the boats all day. So we tell them if they come back in 6 hours we'll point them in the other direction.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkghost
    replied
    If you want a laugh, ask a kid if fish get wet when it rains.

Leave a comment:

• Drover1
    replied
    Various versions of that story have been floating around for years. Some stand-up comedian did a bit about it years ago. Recently there’s been a recording of a radio show making the rounds on the Internet. Woman calls in to a local talk-radio show to complain about the deer-crossing signs right on the busiest streets. “Why don’t they put them on the side streets where there is less traffic?” I think it was even posted here on the Field & Stream site a year or so back. At first it seemed legit, but after listening it became fairly clear to me the woman was pranking the radio hosts, and succeeded.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I was working the Quality Meats exhibit at the NY Stat Fair a few years ago when a well dressed, intelligent appearing woman stopped by. I was representing lamb and enjoyed talking to the lady who praised lamb and mentioned how much she enjoyed eating it. When she asked me what part of the cow the lamb came from I was floored. Many people don't know where their food comes from, how the electricity gets to their wall, and why we need to drill for oil as there is plenty of gas at the gas station!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    A man kills a deer and takes it home to cook for dinner.
    Both he and his wife decide that they won't tell the kids what kind of meat it is, but will give them a clue and let them guess.
    The kids were eager to know what the meat was on their plates, so they begged their dad for the clue.
    Well, he said, 'It's what mummy calls me sometimes'.
    Their little girl screams to her brother 'Don't eat it, it's an jacka$$!

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Very funny!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad