Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

funny story: I know this isn't a question but I was reminded tonight of a comment made a few years ago that made me laugh out l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny story: I know this isn't a question but I was reminded tonight of a comment made a few years ago that made me laugh out l

funny story: I know this isn't a question but I was reminded tonight of a comment made a few years ago that made me laugh out loud. I worked as a landscape architect for several years in VA. One night at a town council meeting, I was waiting for my turn to present a project to the council members when a woman in her 40's stood up to make a complaint. Her problem was there had been many deer vs car collisions on her neighborhood street and a deer crossing sign had been installed by the town in the area of the majority of the accidents. She said, and I quote, "I don't think that is a good place for those deer to cross. Can you move that sign down the road a bit, so they won't get hit so much?" The ordinarily dry, quiet proceedings were paused until the laughter subsided. Yall ever hear stuff like that?

That reminds me of that liberal journalist who came to the conclusion that the cause of high crime areas in forgien countries was because of security guards in those high crime areas had guns on them.

Comment

This was all over the news a while back---still funny.

Comment

I had just pulled out of a coffee shop when a Mallard Hen walked out in the middle of the road. She put up her wings like a traffic cop. Coming the other way was a cement truck and he came to a stop laughing his a-- off. When traffic was stopped, out came the little chicks - 8 of them. She stood there with her wings up until the last one had reached the far side, at which time she turned and walked off the road.
        About 50' away was a caution, duck crossing sign.

Comment

I heard a similar story on the radio a while back and could not believe that she was serious about the complaint!

Comment

Very funny!

Comment

A man kills a deer and takes it home to cook for dinner.
              Both he and his wife decide that they won't tell the kids what kind of meat it is, but will give them a clue and let them guess.
              The kids were eager to know what the meat was on their plates, so they begged their dad for the clue.
              Well, he said, 'It's what mummy calls me sometimes'.
              Their little girl screams to her brother 'Don't eat it, it's an jacka$$!

Comment

I was working the Quality Meats exhibit at the NY Stat Fair a few years ago when a well dressed, intelligent appearing woman stopped by. I was representing lamb and enjoyed talking to the lady who praised lamb and mentioned how much she enjoyed eating it. When she asked me what part of the cow the lamb came from I was floored. Many people don't know where their food comes from, how the electricity gets to their wall, and why we need to drill for oil as there is plenty of gas at the gas station!!!

Comment

Various versions of that story have been floating around for years. Some stand-up comedian did a bit about it years ago. Recently there’s been a recording of a radio show making the rounds on the Internet. Woman calls in to a local talk-radio show to complain about the deer-crossing signs right on the busiest streets. “Why don’t they put them on the side streets where there is less traffic?” I think it was even posted here on the Field & Stream site a year or so back. At first it seemed legit, but after listening it became fairly clear to me the woman was pranking the radio hosts, and succeeded.

Comment

If you want a laugh, ask a kid if fish get wet when it rains.

Comment

The summer people here in Maine often come down to the lobster warfs and tell us that it's nice that we park all our boats in the same direction for their photo opps, they don't realize that it's the tide and wind swinging the boats all day. So we tell them if they come back in 6 hours we'll point them in the other direction.

Comment

Paraphrasing Ron White, doctors can re-attach fingers, they can take arteries out of your leg to repair your heart, but the one thing they can not do is fix stupid!

Comment

I don't know about those other stories, but I was present when mine occured. Some may be pranks, but this poor woman seemed sincere.

Comment

Linda Greenlaw (the lady swordboat captain in "The Perfect Storm")tells a story in one of her books about storing her lobster-traps in the trees by her house in the off-season. One day she was out there puttering with them when a couple of tourists came walking by and thought she was setting them. I've heard of crawdads traveling over land on occasion, but never lobsters.

Comment

My wife tells the story that when she was learning to read, her older brother was driving her somewhere when the saw a road sign that said "SLOW CHILDREN" and she commented that she thought that was so mean to tell everyone about those kids problems.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad