Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Best Man in my wedding telephoned me and told me he has a dead road kill deer next to his house. His wife was very upset beca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    I would hand him the keys to my truck and recommend he searches his wifes purse for his testicles before he performs the task. I would also mention where the garden hose is for when he's done. If he decided not to, he doesn't have to move it, but I would much rather stick my hands in the deer for 15 minutes than I would listen to my wife remind me it's there, while the deer decays in the ditch.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Bubba,

If the feets are sticking straight out, I'm out!

LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    I would hand him the keys to my truck and recommend he searches his wifes purse for his testicles before he performs the task. I would also mention where the garden hose is for when he's done. If he decided not to, he doesn't have to move it, but I would much rather stick my hands in the deer for 15 minutes than I would listen to my wife remind me it's there, while the deer rots in the ditch.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I'm going to have to agree with WAM on this one.
    Help somebody move 1500 lbs of deceased livestock?
    Sure! But for heaven's sake, DON'T wait until it starts stinking! The you're on your own!
    If it's close enough to smell, it was close enough to see and relocate prior to decomp!

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Rocky, you should be a Psychic Reader and read people palms. My friend did offer me a large bottle of whiskey for moving the deer.
    I failed to mention that earlier because I didn't want to come across as a town drunk or an alcoholic. lol

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Is there a bottle of good scotch involved in this transaction? If not there should be.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I'd probably tie a rope around the stinking carcass and drag it behind my truck to somewhere less obnoxious. If a state trouper gave me any crap, I'd simply tie the rope to his bumper. What is America coming to anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Thanks guys for the good advice.
    I checked with the state of New Jersey. You must call the police in the jurisdiction where the deer is. The local police will give you a “transportation tag“.
    If you kill a deer with your vehicle or see one dead on the road the tag will also allow you to bring the deer home. This should save you from a large fine if a Conservation Officer or other law enforcement officer should stop you while you’re transporting the deer.
    Remember, your state or province could have different rules on transporting dead animals.

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    Well Gary, you are in New jersey, where EVERYTHING is illegal, so it is most likely against some blue law to move that deer, but I would take the chance, since the local governments are broke and won't do it anymore. I would think if you could move it out of "nose" shot, the coyotes and vultures should take care of the rest.
    Then that "friend" would owe you big time!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    The only person for whom I would have ever performed such a task is my mother.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    No, I wouldn't do that for my best friend. His hands aren't painted on. He can call some of the landscaping maintenance guys and they'll come handle it for him. For a fee of course.

As to ticks and lyme disease, the ticks are leaving that carcass as soon as it starts to cool. If it stinks, the tics have long since departed, most likely dead.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Jerry, because of budget cuts the state or town doesn't have an animal carcass road crew anymore. The deer didn't died on the street. My friend did call and they said sorry we can't help you.

Jerry, Thanks for your good suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry A.
    replied
    Have him call his municipality or county, they should send out the street department to remove it.

Leave a comment:

• My Best Man in my wedding telephoned me and told me he has a dead road kill deer next to his house. His wife was very upset beca

My Best Man in my wedding telephoned me and told me he has a dead road kill deer next to his house. His wife was very upset because the deer carcass is starting to stink. My non hunting friend fears ticks and Lyme disease from the deer. He asked me if I could move the deer. Would you move a stinking deer for your for your best friend? Would your home state allow you to move the deer and drive it five minutes away to the woods? Would you be breaking the law in your home state?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad